Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rage Against

This morning started out later than it usually does.  The dogs have an inner time clock that causes them to wake me every morning between 7 and 7:30.  This morning what woke me was my daughter running up the stairs and out the door.  One of her friends needed a ride to work...car problems.  I looked at the clock and it was 8:40 a.m. 

After the morning rituals with the dogs, I grabbed a cup of coffee and some breakfast biscuits and headed for the chair.  A new Joyce Meyer show was recording so I just decided to play it and watch it.  It was just what I needed today.  I saved it to replay and remind myself of some things when I start feeling low and depressed and anxious.

Isaiah 41:6-7
"each helps the other and says to his brother, ' be strong!'  The craftsman encourages the goldsmith, and he who smooths with the hammer spurs on him who strikes the anvil.  He says of the welding, 'it is good.'

Isaiah 41:10-13
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.  Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them.  Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.  For I am the  Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

If we are truly seeking God, if He is taking care of us sometimes he removes things from our lives to get our attention.  Sometimes He removes people from our lives to get our attention. 

I have let my life and people get in my own way.  Past transgressions are something I have asked forgiveness for and God has changed my heart.  However, I have let my own thoughts cause me to yearn for something other than what I had.  Instead of listening to God and letting him lead me to maintain/fix what I had, I listened to others and let my own desires get in the way of God's voice.  My desires for a calmer life without that constant criticism...a partner that didn't lie and appreciated me that way I am.  I was changed in the fact that I would shut down any advances on anyone else's part because it was disrespectful to the husband I had.  I would not actively seek to reach out to anyone else.  But the desire was still in me to have a different life.

Neither Troy nor I listened to God and let him lead us.  We put up our walls and did what WE wanted.  Not what God wanted. 

I may feel alone at times...no friends NEAR me...I know that God has isolated me for a reason.  I have things I should be concentrating on and working on to further the plan He has for my life.  I need to be listening to Him. 

As Christians we should be encouraging each other with prayer, the Bible.  We should not be pointing fingers and accusing and forcing what WE think is right onto someone else.  What WE think is not necessarily what God wants. 

There have been times when another person that considers themselves a Christian has criticized and TOLD me what I should be doing and how I should be doing it.  It has happened from time to time throughout my life.  What they should be considering is this...they are still working with God on being a Christian.  If they aren't listening to Him anymore, they should be.  I understand that they are still in their walk with Christ and have their own issues.  And I realize that sometimes God will send a person to deliver instructions BUT, since I do not know if it is His instructions, or that person's own opinions, or perhaps Satan has sent them to give me wrong influence, I will pray about it.  I am confident in the knowledge that God will give me the right answer.

Ephesians 5:15
"Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil"

I had forgotten this verse.  I had not lived all my days as wise.  I did not make the most of every opportunity.  God has cleared out my 'house' in order to get my attention.  There is a reason for it all.  I trust Him to make me whole, to guide my steps and to reward my efforts.  He never takes anything from you that will not be replaced with something better.

Kinda like the Liberty Insurance commercials...when your car is wrecked or stolen, Liberty Mutual will replace it with a year newer and fewer miles.  LOL

God will enrich my life as long as I follow His guidance. 

Yesterday I listened to a message  by Charles Stanley for those that feel inadequate.  But...that is for another day. 

No comments: