Thursday, April 23, 2015

GPS of Life

A while back I was on a few dating sites.  I was trying to hurry my life along too fast.  I 'met' a couple of guys.  There was one named Michael that is a couple of years older than I, and is some sort of administrator at a small college.  We WERE going to meet for dinner one night but I bowed out.  I got cold feet and decided I wasn't emotionally ready for it, yet.  He was very nice and understanding about it.

Fast forward a few months...I was on my FB page and every once in a while it will give you a 'line' of people to scroll through labeled "People You May Know".  I was scrolling through it and his image popped up!  I sent him a private message explaining to him about what happened and I thought it was funny.  He sent a PM back letting me know that it turns out we have a few people in common!  Wow! 

So we are PMing once a day.  The college he works for is also in the same town as the school at which I am hoping to secure employment.  Life has some funny twists and turns.

Today I had to straighten out my medical insurance and then register for a Praxis test so that I can secure my HQT (Highly Qualified Teacher) standing on my state teaching license.  More studying. 

I also did my son a favor.  He has been working the midnight shift at the radio station.  I had to move his car yesterday and when I started it up I heard something rattling underneath.  When he got up I asked him why he didn't tell me about the rattle.  He said he didn't know what I was talking about so I threw him his keys and told him to go out and start his car.  He came back in looking disgusted and said, "I'll have to call Adam now."  It was too late to call Adam at that time.  So, he came home this morning and went straight to bed.  I sat there thinking about it and decided to call Adam and surprise my son by getting it taken care of...at his expense, of course.  His car.  So Adam told me to bring it in and he'd look at it...I was surprised he had time. So, I went out and started the car, and there was no rattle.  I almost shut it off and went back in the house.  But, no...I wanted Adam to look at it anyway...just in case.  As I started down the road there was a really loud roaring type of noise...but only when it moved.  I thought,' Oh man...I hope it isn't a wheel bearing."  So I pulled in and as I did Adam met me in the parking lot.  I told him there was no rattle but something else.  He pulled it into the garage and then came and told me the rattle had been a heat shield that dropped off but the roaring was a wheel bearing going bad.  yay.  He also told me he could fix it for me right then if I could wait.  I told him while he had it up there to give it an oil change.  He looked at TJ's record and he said, "oh yeah...he needs one."  So, we got that taken care of and I got it home and in the garage and my son didn't even know.  I thought the price was awful but then Adam called me and told me that he wasn't cashing my check...that the guy that did the billing made a mistake and gave me the wrong bill and my bill was about $100 cheaper.  I don't know if that is true or not...Adam may be giving me a break.  He knows how much I helped out our other mechanic, Andy, and his family when his wife was in and out of the hospital for kidney transplant and cancer treatment.  The only reason Adam is our mechanic now is because Andy suddenly dropped dead of a heart attack. 

Then, when I came home, I decided to take a breather...that turned out to be longer than I had intended.  I sat down to eat something and turned on a movie "The Fault in Our Stars".  My daughter had warned me that it would make me cry.  She didn't warn me how MUCH it would make me cry.  I knew from the beginning who was going to die...but they really threw everything but the kitchen sink into it.  I didn't have much time to recover before I watched Grey's Anatomy.  And I cried and cried for the last 15 minutes.  I think I am done watching that show finally.  No one seems to get their Happily Ever After.  And I really need to believe in that.   It is important to me.

So....I have a lot of classwork to get done, I have to take my daughter tomorrow morning to get her signed up at the new college for her new course of study, Saturday night I promised the youth pastor I would take tickets at the door for the big Christian music concert at the church (he has a long string of bands of all different types coming), and next weekend is the community garage sale.  Then I get a bit of a breather until Memorial weekend when the EX comes to load up his stuff and get it out of here. 

I have been slowly but surely sorting other things out and throwing away all the unnecessary stuff.  I have a big lot of stuff to put in the garage sale, other things to load up for the 'toxic chemical drop off' on the following Wednesday.  Once HIS crap is out of here it will look a lot roomier and organized in the house.  I will have a spare bedroom!  Woohoo!  He said I could have his office desk or I could sell it.  I kind of like it because it is L shaped but I thought about it some more and the other one with the hutch on it that I have used for years will do me okay.  I think I will have my son help me dismantle it and take it out to the garage sale...the L shaped one.  I want the empty room.  And, I could use the money...LOL. 

I hauled the lawn roller up to my brother's when I went up that way last weekend.  He wanted one and I wanted it out of my garage.  I was going to put it in the garage sale.  It was only used once.  Ex insisted he NEEDED one.  So, my brother got an almost new lawn roller for half price.  Win win. 
My older sister got some tomato cages and a seed spreader.  And I got more room in the garage.

And now...off to dream land. 

No comments: