Friday, April 17, 2015

A Lot of Nerve in Lemon Rubber

Lower back....nerve pain.  Several years ago I ended up with a bulging disc in my lower back.  As the chiropractor put it, my disc did not bulge out the side between the 2 vertebra, it bulged out the back so when I laid on my back or sat in a chair, it was being pressed on...and it was pressing up against every nerve it could all by itself anyway.  I could not move without screaming.  The only thing that relieved any of the pain was ice packs on that area.  I found a movement, thanks to the chiropractor, that when I feel that pain coming on, it actually helps create a vacuum that 'sucks the disc' back into place.  Walking up and down stairs is one of the things that helps...my elliptical helps...anything that causes one hip to rotate up then the other hip to rotate up.  Reaching into the bottom of my washer to retrieve clothes also helps.  I am pretty short so in order to reach the bottom of the barrel, so to speak, I have to balance on my tip toes on one foot to reach one way, then balance on the tip toes on my other foot to reach the other way.  Then my lower back feels better too.  

This morning I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a mack truck.  Some stretching and icing and the proper hip movement and it is better.  Which is good because I have 2 assignments to put the finish touches on for class 1 and the first assignment to finish for class 2.  Then Sunday is the big Teacher/Education Job Fair. 

I also had a talk with my dentist's billing department.  They sent me a bill that showed I owed a total of $292 for the 3 of us.  I called them and told them that what they sent me made absolutely no sense and she said she would separate us into our own accounts and send a break down.  I got her pile of stuff in the mail and it was not separated...all she did was use different colored highlighters on it and tell me she couldn't separate us.  Then I told her that I do not understand where these charges are coming from because all along I was sent bills in the mail showing me what the insurance had paid for each and what was left.  I paid those amounts all along the way.  She tried to tell me something about estimates and I told her 'no...these were bills.'  She said, "Well I see where you were making payments at different times.  I understand what you are saying and I agree with you.  I will write this off.  I see he did (daughter's) last 4 fillings for free for some reason."  "noooo...he didn't do anything for free.  When he did an exam a few months ago he found that the computer records showed that the work had been done already but it wasn't.  The insurance had been billed for it and I had paid for it because the computer said it was done.  So he finally did the work and did not charge for it since it had already been billed and paid."  "oh, I see.  Well, I am going to write off the rest of this since it is our fault."  Whatever.  I would have paid it IF they told me it was something owed but I paid what they said I needed to pay on the bills they sent.  In this case, I think it is their fault.  I did what I needed to do.  They need to revamp their system I think.

As for me...assignments, yard work, a community garage sale to get ready for...a  garage and basement to clear out.  So much, so much.  And job applications.  I try to do at least one a day now.  And it takes me all day to do it.  They are online but they want SO much filled in...a resume attachment just doesn't do it for them.  So, I do one section then 'save for later'...do something else...come back and do another section and 'save for later'...do something else...come back and do another section...so on and so forth.  At least I am getting somewhere.  Wish I could say the same thing for my dishes.  And my room painting.  I don't seem to have much energy.  First it was the depression and anxiety that robbed me. Then allergy season hit...and the dampness makes all the nerve pain worse.  However, I push...like wading through jello.  Not just any jello....hospital jello.
Lemon hospital jello.  LOL

No comments: