Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ugh...but why?

I really hate the applications.  I think applications are the single most torturous reason why people don't want to leave a job they already have even if it is crap.  But...it is my day.  I keep looking out the window at the tree and thinking that if I just keep my head down and nose to the grindstone for another 11 days I can then spend more of my time outside. 

Interviews are another torture.  blech.

I am trying to arrange a 'study session' with my former pastor's wife (he is the former pastor...she is not the former wife).  She is very nice, lives a short walk from my house, and she has been a teacher for almost 30 years.  She also USED to be a special education teacher.  I need someone to help me get up to speed on some of the new standards and understand the common core thing.  It will help me secure a teaching job.  SO MUCH TO LEARN!

I had to inform the ex that, while it was nice that he gave me a whole pile of alimony checks to cash, I wished he hadn't dated them all.  The last time he gave me checks, I filled in the date when I cashed them.  The 30th of the month sometimes comes on a Saturday or Sunday and he would let me cash them on the Friday before.  Plus, for some reason he skipped from Sept. 2015 to October 2016.  So now he has to send me checks in the mail...which we were trying to avoid. 

I have not heard back from him about that.  Probably won't.  I wasn't planning on having to communicate with him.  Nothing against him...just shouldn't be communicating. 

Anyhow...head down...and need to find the time to get my lawn mowed too.  TJ has 3 days off from work and he and Brit are going out of town to get away from her family and enjoy themselves.  Bethany will be working.  That leaves me and the dogs and my computer...lots of work to do and research.  At least it is keeping me out of trouble.

Brian demands a certain amount of attention but he will relax.  He is waiting to take me out to dinner.  Kinda wondering how that will go.  His voice has a bit of a twang to it.  He says he grew up in southern Indiana...near the Appalachians.  He sounds like West Virginia...or actually Cincinnati.  A lot of people down there sound like that because they moved in from West Virginia and Kentucky.  There are certain types of accents that conjure up not so great opinions in my head.  This is why I am kind of preferring to text him right now.  And it is dumb because he is intelligent.  I have to get over it.   After all, Sheriff Andy Taylor was a smart man!  LOL  I am the dumb one for letting that accent bother me.  I know once I am speaking with him in person it will be different.  After all, I lived in Arkansas and did not automatically feel EVERYONE was not intelligent there.  Just the ones that said things like the black population was bringing down the school test scores.  (eye roll) 

It was sort of funny when Brian told me he would like to help me celebrate the end of my class. Then he said he meant take me out to dinner. THEN he said he was sorry if he was being too aggressive.  I told him when he said anything about celebrate I had not really thought anything about what he might have meant and the only way I would think he is being aggressive is if he TOLD me what to say/think/act/wear.  Otherwise it is pretty difficult to set on my toes so just relax.  He just said, "whew.  good to know."  I sent him a link to Gilmore Girls and he said he though it was kinda quirky and he wants to watch all the shows now.  I am brainwashing him already. 

I still am not set on another guy in my life.  I am glad he believes in taking things slow. 

No comments: