Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Disappointment

I did it.  I deleted Grey's Anatomy from my series record feature.  I did not watch it last Thursday either.  After witnessing the slaughter of Dr. McDreamy I swore at that point not to watch any further episodes.  He and Meredith were the only reason I kept watching it.  I know...just a show.  But, those characters represented 'happily ever after' and the show's writer decided to kill that off. 

I am sick of being disappointed by people.  However, I am better off than some people.  My family may not always see eye to eye on things and sometimes 'give' advice more than needed BUT, if there is a problem, we circle the wagons.  I know I can count on them.  I know I can count on my kids...and they know they can count on  me. 

I guess, the lesson is if someone is not a blood relation don't expect anything good. 

Except for Jackie.  She has been a true blue friend since I met her when I was 17.  She has been there by my side through everything.  Even when I was not making the right choices, she didn't judge.  She says that is it not her place to judge and tell me I am wrong or right.  She is not perfect either.  She just gives me support and encouragement.  We have fun together when we get the chance.  We pray for each other. 

Yes...something hit me sideways this afternoon.  Not really sure.  I just realized I am sick of being disappointed by people.  I am sick of opening up to people only to be skewered...having my weaknesses used against me. 

I also know that I can count on God.  He will never use my weaknesses and sins against me.  He may use them to teach me a lesson but He will not run me over with it. 

So, I am pulling myself up out of my funk of disappointment by thanking God for always being there and reminding myself of the people who really love me.

No comments: