Tuesday, May 26, 2015

And Then That Happened

He came and it took 2 1/2 hours for him to pack things.  Then we had a talk.

I prayed for the right thing to say and in the right way.  God helped me.  It was a nice talk.  Interestingly enough he told me that he has NOT moved on.  This gf he has he says is just someone he is dating but he doesn't love her and has no intention of making it forever...even though my son tells me her FB page says they are in love and it is forever.  If what he said to me is how HE feels, he is treating her pretty crappy then. 

He said the reason he pushed me to take the teaching job with the school system in his town is so that I would move there and we could try and see if we could work things out.  That is a pretty big if to uproot my life for!

He said he has made a mess of things.  He said, "I am so sorry I hurt you baby!"  (he never calls me 'baby').  I just told him he needs to take some time and figure out what he really wants for his life so that he quits 'messing things up'.  I told him I forgive him but it still makes me sad that we did not get time to see if the two of us together, without other things going on could fix things.  But it is what it is.  He said he is not happy to have to start all over again either.  I told him that he made it that way and he really needs to learn something from his decisions.  (for pete's sake he is 50 years old...grow up already).  I told him I am not blaming him for everything.  There was many things I did wrong. 

Then we ended with a hug and a family prayer.  He choked up a couple of times throughout it all.  I handed him a devotional book and he said he has been looking for a church.  He knows he needs to go and he wants to.  I told him just pick one and give it a try. If it isn't the right place for him, pick another. 

I really do hope he will pray and listen for guidance.

Later I talked to my ex SIL/friend Belinda. She says Troy's mother (my ex MIL) told her that she does not like her son's new gf at all.  I told her, again according to my son, that his grandma and the new gf seem all friendly and all on FB.  Belinda says it is fake because of Troy.  I just laughed and told Belinda, Not my pig, not my barn. They will all have to work that situation out.

In the meantime, I am on with my life and I  think I have met a nice guy that I would like to get to know.  He has my same background upbringing wise...church, family.  He has my sense of humor, is intelligent with a college degree, and is 'cute'.  He lives about an hour drive from here, which is the down side, but if we decide we click it would be worth it.  Time will tell.

My biggest concern is getting a J O B. 

I am just glad this all ended in a good place.  And I DO pray for my ex to figure out his life and quit making stupid decisions...and that my life gets in order as well.

No comments: