Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hands Off

I almost made a mistake.  I almost wrote an email to The X about his son. I was going to share with him about what his son is doing at work and how it seems to have given him some 'definition' to his future.  How he has been working the overnight shift and writing the news stories that are read on the air most of the day.  And because of that his boss sent out an email throughout the company telling everyone about him...how awesome he is and he was one of the best hires they have made in a long time.  AND because of THAT, TJ has put in on a job in the TV studio as the news writer and in charge of the social media. 

But then, I remember...the 'kids' are adults and they want to tell their father what they want to tell him when/if they want to tell him.  They are doing their own kind of 'punishment'.  He won't share his life with them...they won't share theirs with him.  I think they are wasting their time with it but they ARE adults and it IS their decision.
 
I should not be sending him emails anyway...for many reasons.

1) he tells me that we can't text because it upsets HER but we can email...cuz she won't know about the emails.  I am not going to help him be dishonest with her.

2) we are divorced

3)  emailing him only gives him some 'power' still over my life.

I need someone around here to talk to...someone my age.  Someone to raid the fridge with late at night...or, better yet, go on a walk with in the evening. 

However, in the case of my kids...I am learning.  I seem to have quite a learning curve.

No comments: