Monday, June 15, 2015

Revealing Epiphanies

I got an epiphany delivered from God to give me a real kick to the back of the head: "Why do you insist on validation from someone who cannot validate himself?" 

And there it was.  Exactly.  I know who I am...what I am capable of and what I have done for him and my family. 

Then I came across something on Facebook...something from Godvine that explained HIM:
http://m.godvine.com/read/5-ways-to-tell-an-evil-heart-versus-a-sinful-one-fb-gv-956.html


I started reading it and every point was HIM.  There is nothing that I could have done...except not marry him. 

I remembered tonight when things had seemed like they were going fairly well for a bit...when I could dare to feel happiness and contentment with what I had.  It was so short of a time.  At least I remember thanking God...and I always did when I knew I should be grateful.  So short of a time. 

Then...I made the mistake...felt sorry for his nephew.  We decided to let him come stay  with us so that he could go to college and break the downward spiral of his life.  It was supposed to be a good thing.  But...it was when evil came and took up residence. 

He brought drugs into the house.  And Troy was weak.  He was a fairly new Christian...not even really sure he was a Christian.  He was trying to be LIKE one, at any rate.  He has struggled with drugs.  But here was his nephew...with drugs and Troy couldn't take the temptation.  He gave in.

It was after that when he started to be truly mean to me.  He had ignored me and been an ass before but now he was really mean. 

For some reason I didn't see it...until tonight.  It just seemed like so very much has been revealed.  Understanding is the prelude to freedom. 

And I am thankful to God for that.  Evil is out of my life.  At least Evil Spawn.  I guess I gave him the right nickname.

No comments: