Tuesday, June 30, 2015

All the Way to the Top

I did my research on the STEAM Academy I had an interview with this morning.  I was expecting something very 'stiff' and heavy handed' by the time I got there.  But once I got inside it was very different.  So very nice, everyone was so very friendly...

The School Leader was late.  He got stuck in traffic.  LOL  We had a very very pleasant interview.  We discussed ideas and ideology.  He and I seemed to be on the same page and when he shook my hand he had a big smile on his face and told me he was very pleased with everything he heard.  He asked me which grade I would be most interested in teaching...they had openings in 1st grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade.  I told him it would be easier to tell him which grade I would be least comfortable with...1st grade.  He laughed and crossed it off the list.  I told him I taught 3rd, 4th, and 7th grade before.  When I taught Title I it was anywhere from 2nd grade up to 6th.  I felt 2nd grade was a bit young for me.  He just nodded and told me he was going to talk things over with his vice principal then he would be in touch with me soon. 

Then, when I got in my car and turned my phone on I saw a call from the online school I was hoping to interview with. They had left a message and just as I pressed the button to listen to the message they called me AGAIN.  The secretary wanted to set up a phone interview with me later in the day.  So, I had a phone interview with them also. 

Both jobs pay the same amount of money. They will both start just as my unemployment runs out.  They each have their pros and cons.  I would rather have the online school job because the biggest pro there is flexibility.  Flexibility in time and space.  I could stay here while Bethany goes to college then I could sell the house and move to the other side of the state near Jackie and it would put me an hour drive away from my family.

I am praying for an offer from at least one of them.  I am not stopping the praying just because I got the interviews and positive feedback.  You have to keep praying all the way to the top of the mountain.  Don't quit halfway up.

I have actually felt so much better today.  More like my old self. 

I was talking with Bethany last night.  She told me that Jordan had a day when there was something at work that had stirred him up and he kept going off  about it.  She said she kept getting tense and anxious just from the tone of his voice until tears started running down her cheeks.  She said until then, she had not realized how much she had put up with before with her dad around and how much she had been able to relax with him gone. 

I told her that something reminded me the other day, too, how much more relaxed I am on a daily basis.  However, I have been very depressed.  I know I am not depressed about the divorce because I have gone through too many instances in my head about how wrongly he treated me.  I am depressed about not having a job.  Once I have a paycheck and can pay my bills on my own, I will really be able to relax and the depression will fall away.  I am not saying that I will never be depressed, because it is part of me.  I am just saying it won't swallow me up like it has in the last couple of years. 

Once I secure a teaching position, I will have to evaluate how Dwane will or will not fit into it all.  One step at a time.

I am looking forward to visiting with my family over the 4th.  My kids have their significant others they will be spending time with.  I don't want to feel lonely.

2 comments:

Whispered Promises said...

I hope you are enjoying yourself. :)

Nancy said...

It was nice to have a change of scenery. I had other things to occupy some of my mind. LOL