Saturday, July 21, 2012

Over and Out

yuck.  I think I am coming down with whatever TJ is getting over.  I think a dose of outside work is in order. 

WHAT?  you might ask.  Whenever I get to feeling this badly in the summer (or warmer spring and fall days) I tend to gravitate outside to soak up some sun and 'fresh' air.  It helps...the manual labor sweats it out of me.  And since the temp is down today, it would be good.  I have an abundance of weeds to take care of and some plant clipping to do.  Troy said he wants to manicure the lawn and do some edging but he is kinda being a dragon tale about it.  So, if I go out there and start working, he will too...out of shame.  LOL!

BUT before I do that, I have some quick vacuuming to do and some laundry to get started on.  You'd be surprised at how quickly I can move a vacuum cleaner and broom! (and no...not RIDING the broom!)

I also found out, by doing some internet reading, what the hold up was on getting the CSR's hired and training started for DP&L (Dayton Power and Light)...they were waiting on a stockholder approval meeting for a merger with IP&L (Indiana Power and Light)...which is owned by AES...which also owns a Virginia power company.  They promised no layoffs until after 2013...right.  HOWEVER, with 3 major power companies under their belts, they are going to do some restructuring...concentrating certain departments at certain venues...in other words, they won't lay you off, however, if your department is being moved from Ohio to Virginia and you don't want to move, then you have the option of leaving on your own.  They didn't lay you off, you left willingly. 

What am I getting sucked into? 

Just give me a stable job for a couple years.  Then once I get my comp. prog. degree I can go elsewhere if need be.  sheesh.

Just when I think I'm climbing over the hump, I might be getting thrown out the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope this job thing with Dayton Power works out. I'd be wondering too when I read about moving parts to other states. Anyway, worst case it's some more job experience.

BTW, also liked the cougar story. Funny.