Monday, July 23, 2012

Fat Mouth

I just will NEVER understand why some ppl think they are so very entitled...to the point of treating others like they are like gum caught on the bottom of their shoe. 

Some young black woman who you could tell spent a lot of money on her hair and nails...and was driving a very expensive SUV got mad at Nick tonight becuz she had to wait in line to buy her freezie thing.  She started swearing at him, called him things that should never come out of the human mouth and told him he was nothing cuz he worked for change.  Nick lost it and followed her into the parking lot and basically told her where to put it all.  Then he came inside and told me that he probably just killed his 'career' at this particular establishment.  I told him only if someone told on him and all I heard was what that beotch had said. 

He said, "my whole life is someone yelling at me calling me names.  I was supposed to be getting married this October but my son's mom decided she couldn't stand me and moved out...then came back a week later and said she decided she loved me...then every day it's "I love you" in the morning and by that evening she's calling me names for whatever reason and telling me she hates me."  I shook my head and said, "bipolar...it will never get any better.  Worse, maybe...but never better."  He told me, "she's a shrimp like you and I would do anything for her...but she can be so hateful.  And then that news I got last week about my dad dying from cancer...this is all too much."  I just told him that since she was his son's mom, he could not break the ties entirely but why was he knocking himself into a wall over it?  He needed to do a reality check, learn to like himself and move on.  As for his dad, I had no advice.  It's tough.  I also told him that he really needed to take a long look at his life goals.  He is 28 years old and needed to get going.

I really hate being the mom...especially when I've had to give myself that advice over and over.

Darryl was not too thrilled with my news about leaving.  He said,"Nancy, you're breaking my heart."  HA!  I told him, "wow!  So dramatic.  Like I'm irreplaceable.  You can replace me with a HS kid."   

And that is the reality of THAT.   3 of us are moving on...two more are looking for some place else to go.  And if Kylie doesn't cut down on her partying, she may find herself looking for someplace else to go too.  She was 6 hours late for work!  6 hours.  She told everyone that she went to a bar last night with a friend and someone must have slipped a rufi into her drink cuz she couldn't wake up.  More like someone drank too much, went to bed with the sun and just COULDN'T get up.  The last weekend I had worked with her she was complaining about only getting an hour's sleep after being out with friends the night before.  I just looked at her and said, "one day, you'll do better. right now you are young and think you can burn the candle at both ends until they meet in the middle.  Been there, done that."

ah...youth.  I wouldn't want to repeat it.  I think back to those days and realize how out of control and naive they were.  I am happier where I am...although I could do with less around my torso.  LOL

1 comment:

Jo ~ said...

yeah I don't like my midsection either but whatcha gonna do? it just won't accept criticism! LOL