Tuesday, July 17, 2012

All These Treasures

Today the outside air was overheated and heavy.  Every once in a while it tried to shed a bit of its water weight.  And now that I am done planting things, Troy has taken some rather odd delight in watering everything...including the dogs.  He went out and bought a second sprinkler so that he can have one hooked up to both the front and back hoses and have them both going at the same time.  I really hate to see the next water bill.  What we saved in gas for the lawn mowers is going to pay for keeping the yard from turning to dust and keep those plants and bushes I spent so much money on from dying. 

TJ is finally starting to feel somewhat human again. He didn't start out so great this morning but after the second dose of antibiotics had a bit of time to work, he arose ready to try eating food. 

Jackie was finally able to stop by.  She looked around the house at all my hard work on my plants then moaned over the fact that it has been 4 years since the last time she visited...actually, a bit longer than that!  We hadn't bought this house yet.  Like me she said, "Where did the time go?  what happened?"  It has a way of zooming past you so quickly...and there is always a lot of things that seem to need to be done...ppl get put on the back burner.

She got to see what  I have done with all the treasures I collected from our trips to the Old Time Pottery store.  I hope the next time she comes to visit the inside of the house will be painted.  I still am determined to get that done before the end of October.  At least the livingroom, hallway and kitchen.  I have backsplash to put up in the kitchen too.  The list never gets shorter. *sigh* But at least I have plenty to keep me out of trouble!

The doggies were happy to have someone else to entertain.  Max took an instant liking to Jackie.  Max is my ppl meter.  Or am I his?  LOL  All I know is he does NOT like that woman that lives behind us AT ALL...nor is he very fond of Larry across the road to the side of us.  He seemed to think Jackie was pretty sweet...I think he wanted to keep her.  Even Jack kept hopping up on her lap and staring at her.  Lucy would stand by her chair and wait to be petted. 

We ended up going out for lunch and getting caught up on what was going on with our parents and siblings.  We don't get to sit and talk like that but once a year.  This year has been exceptional...we have got to sit and talk face-to-face twice!  I am feeling a third time coming on since I told her I was hoping to make another trip to Old Time Pottery for fall and winter home decorations.  She loves that place as much as I do.  It is an hour and half drive for me...almost 3 for her but her sister lives nearby and she can kill 2 birds with one stone.  I drive there, shop, we have lunch, I drive home.  With lots of treasures and some treasured time spent with my friend.

And another treasure today...for my daughter...she is now the proud owner of a driver's learning permit!  She is so proud!  And now the fun truly begins....

4 comments:

Jo ~ said...

yeah, let the fun begin! LOL...glad TJ is feeling better, and you are just full of energy all that cleaning! ha! I need a good housekeeper...

Nancy said...

I'm not so full of energy...however, the cleaning had to be done and done by me cuz...if I don't do it, who will? Today I plopped around a lot. My sinuses are not helping me either.

BryM said...

I'm glad TJ is feeling better, too! It really sucks to be sick during the summer! Please take that energy you have for doing all that stuff to the house & bottle it up so that I can get some!!! I'll take a side of motivation as well...oh, and a large cherry Coke!

Nancy said...

The new co-manager at work, Darryl, told me about V8 Fusion Energy drink. It is marvelous!