Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Professional Work Environment

55 years old.  Oh well.  Happy Birthday...who says? Why does it HAVE to be HAPPY?  Why can't it be BORING...Boring Birthday to me! ha ha!

I am still liking my job.  Got into a new phase where I have to 'chase' the families to make them do what they are supposed to do.  Interesting fact...they will ignore you and not answer email or the phone UNTIL I send them 'the evil email'...the one that tells them that if they do not contact me in 24 hours, withdrawal proceedings will begin.  If that happens, the state is notified that the students are no longer enrolled in a school system...then there will be local truancy officers banging on their door and the social workers will get involved....woo...hoo.

I was paired with our school social worker.  This is what happens when you offer to help with 'the load' because you feel you aren't working enough.

In other hot news...

I have finally come to some 'terms' with Evil Spawn.  I got tired of the 'apologies'.  I realize he is just wanting somewhere to run and dive into...like before.  So, just to make things quieter and easier for everyone concerned, I told him I would work with him on finding a way to be 'friends'.  He says that if we can do that, then perhaps we may find our way back to being a couple again.  I am not seeing that happening.  I have no interest.

He said, "I married you for a reason."  BUT the phrase, "You divorced me for a reason" keeps playing through my head.  I may not be doing GREAT right now but things are calmer.  I am in control of my own life (well, technically GOD is...but you know what I mean...).  However, he wants to be able to come see his kids for the holidays and it would be easier if I could learn to get along with him.  I don't want to have uncomfortable holidays.  Plus...I really do not like walking around being angry and bitchy.


2 comments:

Whispered Promises said...


I am glad you had attention and gifts from all your kids and vicarious children too - that says a lot!
Its the age - they aren't kicked in and yet think they shouldn't be told to be kicked in- so keep kick-starting them.
You are wearing 55 very well.
You have to do what is good for you. In my case I can't see ever inviting my ex over and I know it has been done in other circumstances - but in my case - no.
Don't let him influence your independence or interfere with your peace. You are in a good place now. I think you can decide on this one.
At least you know you are still wanted...:)

Nancy said...

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't think I would ever be able to be 'friends' with him. I am not sure what I am doing is being a friend. More like an acquaintance. It is a disconnection. I can listen to him without feeling like I need to do something about whatever. I just listen and move on. The only feeling I get, once in a while, is annoyance. I have no intention of letting him invade my peace. If he tries...he will be shut down. I have no reason to bite my tongue.

Yes, it was very nice getting the cards from the 'extended family'...the other half of my kids' lives. Somehow I took on other people's offspring. Jordan is not really much of any work...I feed him, he's good. Brittany is learning. However, I am impressed with how quickly she has found some independence. Now that she has not mother making her second guess herself and making her feel like 'less', she is doing fairly well. She just needs to get her moods under control.