Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Can't Seem to Get it Right

Thanks to Karen kicking me butt (ouch)...well, it was a gentle nudge...I finally got back on the elliptical.  I also did some smarter eating today and logged into an online app that keeps track of your calories, sugar, fat, etc.  I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical, which I thought was pretty good considering I haven't really done much in the last couple of years.

Evil Spawn told me in an email yesterday that he still loved me and he thought we were right for each other.  He said he just wanted to fix things and move on.  I really don't know how to interpret that.  I am really not giving it any thought because I am hoping he meant that he wanted to fix the mess he is in now and then move on with his life...in a different direction.

Today he texted me and asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I texted back, "I didn't buy you anything for yours.  and besides...we're divorced"  Guess he forgot.  My son said, "He is being so weird!"  I guess that's the word for it.

He's still Evil Spawn.

I did good today.  There is a half of a homemade Boston Cream Pie sitting on my counter...it was my son's birthday cake.  I refrained from having some for breakfast.  Then I went to the Walmart store and walked right down the aisle with the ice cream and frozen pies.  I did not stop or hesitate.  I came out with not one of those items in my basket.  I also did not grab a soda out of the cooler.  I bought a Pineapple/Mango juice instead.  I also did not grab a candy bar while waiting in the check out line.  None of those things are anything I really do anyway...well, I have been known to grab a candy bar once in a very great while.  But, you know, when you tell yourself you are going to eat smarter and exercise, all of the sudden your brain wants to play devil's advocate and convince you that you suddenly can't live without any of that stuff.

We had stuffed crust bacon cheeseburger pizza for dinner but I ate one piece.  I filled up on a mixed vegetable medly of green beans, yellow beans and carrots.  All cooked (not a raw carrot fan).  I LOVE eating vegetables and do not know why I let sugar get in their way.

No wine except as a treat on the weekends. Even then, it will be one glass. (how will I ever do THAT?!?)  I hope that doesn't end up being the one thing that knocks me off the wagon.

So far this month I have baked a lemon meringue pie for Brittany's bday, a pumpkin spice cheesecake for my daughter's bday, and the Boston Cream Pie for my son's bday.  I think we can refrain from any type of goodies for my bday next week.

I have nothing planned for my bday.  It is a Monday night.  I MIGHT be able to rent Pitch Perfect 2 on the cable OnDemand movie channel!  OOOOOOO!  Pitch Perfect 2 and...what shall I eat for my bday?  KFC!  Chicken pot pie!!!  I know...sounds lame...and it would be too many calories anyway.  Spaghetti.  With meatballs.  yep.  That's the ticket.  Spaghetti and Meatballs and Pitch Perfect 2.

I really know how to party.

2 comments:

Jo ~ said...

I hope your birthday was a happy one! :)

Nancy said...

My birthday was very nice. The kiddos with their significant others were here and we had dinner together. I had a moratorium on pie or cake. We already had 2 birthday pies and a birthday cake since TJ, Bethany and Brittany have September birthdays. Altho, I am not sure where a cheesecake falls...pie or cake? Anyhow, Brit and Jordan are like adopted kiddos and they both gave me presents and cards with personal messages in them that brought tears to my eyes. The cards from my own kiddos had personal messages in them that choked me up too. I am loved.