Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wear Me Out

I learned how to use the electric edger.  It took me 5 hours, not all in one day, to edge the sidewalks and drive way.

THEN I was going to put new flooring in the family room.  I was going to take up the carpet and put down this vinyl planking.  So before I went to Lowe's to get the flooring I pulled up the carpet to look at the sub floor and was amazed and delighted!  Underneath was a laminate parquet floor!  YAY!  chaching!  Just saved a lot of money and time!

Just getting the carpet up and cut into pieces for the garbage...wow.  But it is so nice!  And with the money I saved on flooring I used some of to buy slip covers for the family room couch and wing backed chair.  I am changing the color of the room. 

I am headed up to my parents' house for the week.  Dad is going in for surgery Tuesday morning in a part of Cleveland my mom isn't used to and she is just worn out by everything.  She has had enough of spending time in hospitals with my oldest sister and my brother. Since I have plenty of time I will take my turn. 

My son is working 2 part time Jobs now.  He has been promoted to supervisor at the grocery store but arranged to only work 4 nights a week ( or 28 hrs a week) and he is working the boards at WHO radio and they are training him to do the traffic report and weather part time.  He will be working 28 hours there. I am proud of him!

Well..I'm off like a dirty shirt.

No comments: