Sunday, August 3, 2014

Better than Support Hose

I was just thinking today how great my kids are.

While everything has been stressful for them too...mom losing her job, dad wanting a divorce, my daughter taking a semester off from college and getting a job, my son getting job in his field, etc...they always took the time daily to ask me how I was doing.  And they really wanted to know.  They worried about me.  I always told them I was doing okay.  I think they knew I was not really okay but I would not show my tears or anything in front of them.   I would not admit to them how truly bad I felt. 

I had a bout of crying last night.  It was brought on by watching Marley and Me and thinking about our dogs passing away some day and I would face it by myself.

When I accomplish something each day, my kids tell me it is nice to see me moving on each day.

I made a cherry pie today.  I bought the cherries and pitted them each by hand.  My son asked me why I didn't buy frozen pre-pitted cherries or canned ones or cherry pie filling.  I told him I wanted to make it...wanted to buy fresh cherries and pit them myself.  It was worth it.  My daughter thought it was great.  I told her I had thought about txting her dad and telling him I baked a sweet black cherry pie and it was ashame he would never have any of my pies again.  He loved my pies. 

LOL  However, I don't know why I would want to do that.  I am not unhappy with us divorcing...just still kinda pissed at his timing.  No matter what he tells me, how he is feeling, what is going on with HIM, that was still pretty crappy...and to tell me in an email. 

What a guy....my children's father.  He has to carry that behavior with him through his life. 

My kids are my best supporters.  And they are going with me to a Goo Goo Dolls/Daughtry/Plain White T's concert.  Weird that we are 30-35 years apart and like the same music.  Not ALL the same music but we have some music in common.  And I am thrilled that they want to go with their old mom...they didn't hesitate. 

I am blessed with good kids.  I hope they feel blessed with a  good mom.

No comments: