Sunday, September 7, 2014

Working Fast

It was quite the week.  I finished getting the old carpet up off the family room floor.  I made dinners for the kids to pull out of the fridge and microwave while I was gone.  AND I mowed the lawn before I left on Monday. 

Dad didn't go in for his procedure on Tuesday...the doctor's office dropped the ball.  So it was postponed for a day.  It was a long day on Wednesday.  There was  A LOT of clot to clear out.  They injected some kind of 'flush' into his artery when they finished Wednesday and Thursday morning they did the procedure again just to make sure it was all clear.  And they pronounced him clot free! 

Friday morning I was packing and going to follow my mom and older sister up to the hospital and leave for home from there.  Dad was getting out.  As I was getting ready I saw something in the mirror behind me.  So I turned around and watched.  I screamed and ran out of the room closing the door behind me.  There was a bat in the room.  The house has NEVER had a bat in it.  My mother was terrified and trying to think of someone to call to get the bat.  I told her to get me a broom and a garbage bag.  Then while she was on the phone with my oldest sister I snuck into the room with the broom and bag and closed the door behind me.  I whacked that thing 3 times.  The third time was the hardest...it fell on the bed...I had made the bed yet.  While it lay there stunned, I placed the  broom over it.  Boy those things are noisy!  Then I threw the covers over it so  I could get the screen out of the window.  Once I managed that and opened the window as wide as I could, I threw the covers back and lifted the broom.  As it took off in flight I hauled off and hit it towards the window.  But it grabbed the curtain rod and was going to hang upside down...until I hit it out the window.  It took off flying over the marsh at the bottom of the hill out beyond my parents' back yard. 

My mother was knocking on the door asking me if I was okay.  I opened it up and said, "You're welcome." 

I told her I was glad I was going home.  LOL

There is something about being in this house.  It sucks all the will out of me.  I have to force myself to do anything.  Tomorrow I am forcing myself to get outside and do some work in the yard.  My mom sent me home with 4 buckets full of perennials.  I just need to clear some ground and decide where I am going to put them.  I am going to start work on the backyard and see if I can get any closer to making it look the way I had wanted to when we first moved in here....6 years ago.

We have been in this town for 10 years now.  That is the longest span of time I have lived in any one place since I got out of college. 

I have painting to do too.  Inside AND out.

But before I get too busy with that, I need to get things straightened around with my unemployment and make sure to get signed up for subbing and get signed up for classes for my master's AND get Bethany signed up to return to college in November.

I need a plan...a list of what I need to do and when I need to do it.  Guess I'll get that done today.  I am being a lump today.  Other than the occasional load of laundry. 

I did have a discussion with the Almost-Ex Thursday evening.  He called about a text I had sent him.  I told him he didn't need to call and discuss it with me since it was just an FYI kind of text.  AND I told him that once this divorce is final I expect a good long spell of radio silence from him so that I can get used to the idea that I am no longer married and I am on my own...for real.  I also told him that I was not planning on being alone forever.  I have had enough alone.  I am not thinking I want to get married anytime real soon.  I just want someone I can go places with and spend some time with once in a while so that I don't feel lonely.  I am not sure how he took that...not sure he really gave it much thought.  There was a silence then a real quiet, "I understand."  DO YOU???  And yes, I have thought about the idea that he will find someone else to date, etc.  It has slowly been sinking into my brain. 

Not sure where I would find someone else.  Suppose he will be there when the time is right.  I may just decide to do my shopping at the Kroger store on Saturday nights, along with all the sad, lonely, divorced/single people.  LOL

2 comments:

Whispered Promises said...

You are batty! lol!
I am really proud of the steps you are taking and initiating. Keep moving forward in your journey.

Nancy said...

Karen...I have my good days and bad days. I am SLOWLY changing my mind set and thinking about things. I am trying to crawl out from all of the guilt and low self esteem