Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fibber My Algae

The weather today is the most perfect weather to have the day off!  I can sit in my sunroom and enjoy it!  Last year the weather was too unpleasantly hot from end of April through to fall to sit out here.  I open a few windows, turn on the overhead fan to circulate the already lovely cool breeze throughout.  The dogs love it out here too.  They run outside for a while, then come in and lay here and cool off...then back outside.  Nice to see them out there running off the winter fat.  I know...I should too.  but I don't run.  ever.  If someone tried to chase me with a knife...I'd probably just find something to fling at their head rather than run.

After all of that work on the house, yard, the open house...overly emotional for my daughter's graduation...by Sunday night I was physically ill. It actually started Friday...the over all pain...the foggy brain.  It was hell in a jar at work Friday. I just could not cut through the fog to think!  and the pain made me want to cry.  I have NEVER had an 'episode' with my fibromyalgia like this.  It is the worst and longest one ever.  I need some 5 hour energy.  The massive amount of B vitamins in that opens up the blood vessels and the stronger surge of blood flow seems to quell the pain somewhat.  Troy gave me permission to use my day off from work to do nothing.  HA!

So far the only thing I've done is some applications.  And that was easy...sat in the chair while watching the morning news and clicked and sent.  LOL!  I have a cousin that would not hold a job because she said her fibromyalgia made it too hard.  The worst thing you can do with this affliction is NOTHING.  I refuse to give it control of my life...or take it away from me.  Advil and 5 hour energy are my friends when it gets too bad.

As for the open house...we ran out of a lot of food.  It was only an hour into it and the seafood cups I made and the pulled pork we brought, and the pasta salad I made were goners.  The lettuce salad was almost gone.  Pam still had lots of sliders and hotdogs left.  I was so glad I brought a meat and cheese tray!  We also had plenty of potato salad.  My mother had baked at least 60 dozen cookies.  by the time the thing was over, we might have had 2 1/2 dozen left.   We have plenty of cake, though.  They just weren't cake eaters I guess.  My punch was drained in less than an hour.  We had lots of iced tea and lemonade.  Pam had not wanted the punch. 

Lots of ppl!  Some of my family that came saw our home for the first time.  We have lived here almost 5 years and this is the first time that my brother and oldest sister have been here.  Probably the last time, too. 
It was just nice to have everyone together.

My SIL was being her usual bratty self.  I just ignored her.  I let Troy deal with her.  His sister.

I cried through most of Bethany's graduation.  My baby...last one.  And today she is experiencing her first day of work.  McDonald's.  Where else can a 17 year old get job experience?  LOL  As of next Friday, she is on her own as far as putting gas in her car.  I haven't had to put gas in it too many times, though.  She mainly sticks close to home and the thing is gentle on gas use.  She will also be on her own as far as her wardrobe.  There's a big savings right there!

Troy is still waiting on word from Wichita.  I told him that if a company has the opening, and they are taking so very long to fill it AND they are expanding, it just may be that they are doing some adding on and reshuffeling of personnel.  He may get a job with them in a whole new position that they added on.  Or...not.  But from what I remember from HR classes, in an expanding company, it means they are reorganizing.

In the meantime, he is submitting other applications.

Who knows where it all will lead?



No comments: