Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Growing a Life

I am thinking I am going to have a lot more to do.  "What television?" 

I am already finding myself doing a lot more at church.  I told Pastor Brian on Sunday that if he found he needed help with anything, just msg my FB page and let me know what he needs and I will let him know if it is something for which I have time.  Got my first msg tonight.  The Salvation Army food pantry truck is coming in tomorrow morning and he seems to be short on help.  Wednesday is my day off so...I will be helping to stock the food pantry shelves.  My daughter is going with me.

Then Saturday he is putting on a kids' carnival in a low income neighborhood.  Of course he needs more help.  Of course I'll be there.  THEN the 3rd Sunday of every month he takes a church van full of food from the food pantry to a very very poor neighborhood in the next town and hands out food.  This Sunday is the 3rd Sunday of the month...and he needs help.  Again...there I'll be.  (btw...he's not that much older than my son...so don't be thinking in that direction.  He is young...geekie and has the most wonderful, humorous wife!)

I find it quite interesting sometimes that no matter how many people there are in a church, there are always a small core of volunteers.  In the church I attend, there are people that will pick up the slack for various things.  It just seems that Brian has a lot of projects going that the people are finding a difficult time keeping up with.  When Pastor Brad is trying to put together a volunteer rescue group, there is always enough people for that sort of thing.  I don't travel.  Not even to New Orleans.

I filled out and sent 2 applications tonight for full time jobs.  One of the jobs I applied for just to get full time work NOT where I am now and it is closer to home.  But it is not a job that I will be dancing on the cloud happy with.  The other job is something more exciting..I would have to drive further to work than I do now but it would be worth it!  AND the latter job would pay me enough to take care of ALL the financial obligations here by myself.  I could relax.

Troy seems to have found himself the perfect apartment...on a golf course.  Golf games are free.  It also has a pool, game room (pool table), clubhouse, and a washer/dryer in the apartment.  It is actually affordable.
So, he may have a pretty good time on his own

It's all in what you want out of life.  I kinda like it where I am.  I will grow a new life.

No comments: