Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rearview Mirror

Am I living in something like "The Ed Show"?  Is my life really a televised soap opera and I don't know it?  Actually, it would explain a lot.  I don't remember signing a contract for anything like that.

Psycho gf is gone and TJ found out that a guy he considered a good friend was messing with Psycho behind his back.  All the while Psycho and 'friend' were picking at him making him feel badly about himself.  But TJ started telling me things Jayce was saying...and doing with the relationship he had.  Then I ran back the reel of Ashley's behavior for the last few weeks and came up with ...the hook up.  I told TJ what I suspected was going on.  He denied that his 'friend' would do that.  But he confronted psycho.  She denied it for the first 24 hours..then admitted it with proof.

Is there not one decent female out there?  I thought when Ashley came along that he finally had a 'good one'.  But it didn't take her long to show her true colors.

I hate to see my son turn from being a loyal, trustworthy individual into a suspicious/jaded person.  But it happens to the best of us.

My daughter has embraced the 'DTA' attitude mentality early in her HS life.  She has 2 friends that she knows she can rely on.  She is a blessed person.  I have one.  Ppl will judge her by her outward looks but I don't.  She is the best person I know.  And she has been there through everything...and has been the best support (beyond my family) that I know of. 

I really don't look forward to when Bethany dates.  She has not dated all the way through HS.  She had the one bf in 9th grade and apparently that relationship was too much for her.  She swore off dating until later in life.  Her 2 friends have not dated either.  No...there is nothing going on there among them!  They just are not ready to deal with the whole male/sex thing.  It is good to wait. 

Wish my son had waited.

1 comment:

Jo ~ said...

that's tough to see your son go through...mine had to go through a marriage and divorce. He is now remarried but you hope they find somebody at some point that's worthy, I'm sure TJ will.