Sunday, May 29, 2016

How to Enjoy the Summer

The school year is almost over.  I really don't have much to do.  I have not gone over my year eval with my boss BUT, since I did not get my 'we won't be renewing your contract' letter the beginning of May, it means I am still an employee.  I will be getting a new contract to sign, they have me on the rotation for summer coverage.  I am going to actually relax this summer.  They decided to give us MORE paid time off.  So, besides the last 2 weeks of June, we get 3 weeks of July off.  Paid.  yay.  I have to wait to see what kind of raise they offer me and if I get a bonus.  My metrics show I 'saved' more kids than they had to withdraw. This is good stuff.

I have SO much I need to do this summer!  Around the house.  And my son is getting married at the end of the first week of actual school.  I had one more floating week of paid vacay that I had not used so I get to split it up throughout the fall semester.  I am taking 2 days off before his wedding.  I am using the other 3 days...whenever.

I have finally worked my way all the way through my emotions over everything.  I consider that a major triumph.  It took me a bit less than 2 years since he told me he wanted a divorce.  It took a lot of prayer, self introspection, his honesty, and realizing how many things I can do on my own.  I still have a ways to go because I am not ALL that I want to be.  But I have made some pretty good headway.

I have the weirdest divorce.  He and I have become friends, I think.  He has given me money to help take care of the dogs, too.  I may have to take him up on it and use some of it.  I don't want to use it if I don't have to but...he offered and gave it.

I would like to make more money but for now...today....I can manage and I just want one summer where I can just enjoy my life.



No comments: