Friday, April 26, 2013

Need a REAL Hug

I am not a physical person.  It is an inherited trait.  In the DNA, so to speak.  Neither of my parents did a lot of hugging of usi kids as we were growing up.  I know they loved us...just didn't show it physically. 

I hugged and kissed my kids a lot.  I still give them hugs and kisses.  I just don't like other ppl glomming on me.  I hate the ones you see from somewhere in your past, and you barely know them anyway...they come at you with arms wide.  My mind goes into a quick 'how do I get out of this' mode. 

At this stage in the game, lots of times I dodge hugs not just becuz I am not fond of getting hugged but also becuz it kinda hurts.  Not a hurt that makes you want to yell, OUCH...but an irritating hurt. The nerves in my arms, between my elbows and wrists, constantly feel like I hit my 'funny bone' in my elbow.  And you know, you can ignore a constant pain just so much...then once in a while, when other things are piled on top, I get snappish

All of that aside, on my job I listen to a lot of ppl complain and bitch.  Then I get to come home and listen to more complaining and bitching and picking at me.

I do a lot for everyone around here.  My son thanks me the most.  My daughter thanks me quite a bit.  Troy does thank me...but he complains a lot too.  And...I would like to be told more how nice it is that I do this or that...and given a 'thank you' kinda hug. 

or a 'I know today sucked, I'll give you a hug to help calm you down'.

Speaking of which, the little Jack Russel that I saved from the kill shelter turns out to have anxiety issues.  How ironical (not a real word) that he would find his way into this family after all the anxiety problems I went through with my son and my daughter.  When I took him for shots or to get his claws filed down, he flipped out!  He barks continuously at anyone that comes in the door (won't shut up!  EVER) and he still pee on things or chew up a shoe whenever he is left.  So, the vet tech suggested something called 'adaptil'.  I looked it up on the pet med sites and found that it not only comes on a collar that will need replaicing every month, but it comes in a spray and a plug in diffuser.  So I ordered a diffuser to try it.  That way it will work on all my dogs.  The other two are pretty good but Max has his own kind of anxiety issues. 

I wish they had a diffuser for humans that plugged in and ridded one of 'obnoxious'.

2 comments:

Jo ~ said...

diffuser! hilarious I've got a few I could try that on! or maybe some bullshit spray, in any event, sounds like you need a good physical/neuro checkup to find the root cause of that tingling in your arms, don't let that go on.

Jo ~ said...

and here's a ((((((HUG))))))) so as not to hurt!