Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bubble Left of Center

It's official...it's my family.  Maybe not ALL of us...but most of us.

I have an app on my android called "DriveSafe.ly"  It will read my txt msgs outloud to me.  I decided to put it on my phone because my kids will never call me, they will only txt AND because when I am driving, and I hear a txt msg guitar riff then I am curious as to who/what and I don't want to pull over.

The problem with it is this...I don't always remember to turn it off when I get out of the car...and might be wandering around in a store, etc, when it goes off.  My younger sister txted me something kinda funny one time and I was in the produce section of the grocery store when it went off.  I told her about it and, being that she has the same sadistic sense of humor that I do, she would wait until she knew I was out of work and randomly txt me stupid stuff like "my dog has been licking his butt all day"  Or "look at the size of those chunkas!"  She never quite caught me in a store with any of that.  I thought she had given up. 

Today, however, after work I stopped in the town community building to fill out a form to add us to the community garage sale map.  Another woman was in there doing the same.  The woman behind the counter is a very nice woman, albeit rather large.  I heard the guitar riff go off, then a voice say, "Message from Missy"  OH NO!  I didn't turn it off...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let it be bad!  I knew I did not have enough to time grab it out of the purse pocket and shut it off.  Luckily the woman beside me started talking to the woman behind the counter so that neither one of them heard the android reader say, "People that large shouldn't bend over like that."  Can I smack her now?

For the moment all else is quiet.  I have been sick with some stomach thing...managed to make it through work.  All i do is sit on ma butt...and listen to the ppl bitch.  I need something more mobile to do.  I really dislike sitting there all day.

Tonight Ashley is feeding my son, Bethany is sick to her stomach also and swears off eating, I am not really wanting to go there either so I will just feed his Highness...leftovers.  I think he could manage that.

No comments: