Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Slow Death

     Debbie P had the day off from work yesterday.  She lays in wait for when I have a break. She yapped through my lunch hour. Then she texted me at 3 to find out if I was 'off duty' (as she put it). 
She does not realize that I usually work until 5...sometimes longer.  I told her I was doing parent calls.  But they weren't answering and I had to leave VMs.  She was thrilled and said she was on her way to get me. WE were going to Walmart.

     HOW exciting! *head whack* I still had work to do but I had been stuck at the computer since 6 a.m. and just needed to move.  I figured it would be quick. She said, "I am wearing sweats and no make up. "  Well, I had on jeans, a waffle weave henley and some face powder and mascara. My hair was doing a nice thing and all I had to do was run a brush through it.  Snow boots and my speckled pea coat and I was a real babe. Babe the Pig that is.  bwahahaha.

    That was my first trip to a store with Debbie...and my last.  I HATE shopping. She meandered all over that store.  She had a very long list and she spent even more time checking out any middle aged un-ringed male.  *head whack*  She even pointed out a few that looked like something I would be interested in. 

     She and I still managed to give the workers a laugh.  I was just glad to get home.  But I was so totally WORN OUT!

     I put some stuff on our middle school teacher facebook page and our Principal, Laura the Nut, decided that I am now one of her favorites.  They were just goofy joke things.  Not even that great but apparently she thinks I am snarky like her.  Hey...I wouldn't turn my back on her BUT she is someone you would be glad is on YOUR side.  So, I will roll with it.  *shrug*

    One of the mom's I spoke to today told me about taking pills for her thyroid because she has hypothyroidism and said, 'you don't want to mess with that.  Dying from that is a very slow, unpleasant death...which will happen if you don't get it treated."  yay. 

     I am pretty sure that is what has happened to me.  I have half of one.  Each year it gets a little worse.  Now I can barely move. I need an endocrinologist. However, I can't afford it right now.  So, just hold on.

     Bright side today: my son has a phone interview for a job that would be a really great one.  Right now he is working a 5 week contract IT job.  I will go down and help him pack the truck, and, if he doesn't get this job he is interviewing for on Friday, he has an insurance company job to work at in the meantime. 

No comments: