Saturday, January 4, 2020

Let the Sun Shine In

    Now with the bombing in Iran, we must be even more  diligent in watching out for ourselves and our loved ones.  I am in agreement with the bombing but it also means we need to watch for retaliation.

     Having said that, I am feeling SO MUCH better with the beginning of this year.  It is the year of Taking Care of Me. 

     My son just secured a new job.  As he said, it is different than anything he has ever done but he went through a battery of interviews in a few days and they felt they saw in him what they needed.  He will be working with a marketing/advertising company.  They said they are going to groom and train him to be a badly needed regional manager.  I have a feeling this is not his 'forever job' but another step in God's plan.  However, he just needs to feel comfortable and able to learn and do it well.  They have a time line of one year of training and grooming.  They told him this is something that they used to take 5 years to do but they felt that he would be able to do it in a year.   I will continue to pray for him daily.

     In the mean time, his wife secured a new job, also. She will begin work with a new veterinary hospital. She is being trained as a veterinary surgery assistant.  She is thrilled!  No more night hours or weekends. My son will no longer be working night hours or weekends.  They will get to move to northern cincy/southern Dayton area, as they wanted.  It will be a shorter trip to visit me by about 45 minutes.  I am praying that perhaps these changes will help them as a couple.

     My son said the mother-in-law offered to let them move in with them for a few months while they get their financial situation  more stabilized and money gathered to put down for the townhouse they would like to live in.  My son said he really would not rather do that.  I gave him a smack and told him that it is a blessing that she offered and sometimes you need to do something uncomfortable for a bit in order to get things straightened out.  He quit complaining.

     I need to have a serious talk with Bethany and Jordan about them getting their lives together.  I can't keep paying for her phone and car insurance and her dad can't keep paying for her med insurance.  He is turning 26 in a few weeks which means his dad can't keep him on his med insurance anymore. 

     After listening to many messages on the same subject by different pastors, I felt led to do something.  My kids approved of the move and felt it was good, not only for me, but it made them feel better also.  I wrote a letter to their father.  I cleared the air, put everything to bed. There was no  accusations, no judgments, nothing negative.  It was to let him know I have no animosity,  am not trying to turn his kids against him, am not (nor will ever) try to come between him and anyone he is with...my life is mine, his is his.  The past happened and we both have much different expectations for our lives and it is best not to be in the orbits of each other's lives.  I told him I hope his life works out for him. That was it.  The kids read it, and they said it sounded very nice and final.  They found no problem with anything I said.  So, I sent it to my son to address and send on to his dad.  As I said, I do not remember his address.  And now I feel better.  My future no longer has baggage weighing it down.

    The second semester is going to be a whopper but I am planning things out so that I have time for something besides work.  I am working ahead on things a little.  That's all it takes....little bits.  It makes a big difference. 

   I am making effort to get out and face time with friends and family. I am also making weighted blankets for me AND Lucy.  ha ha!  I noticed she seems to relax and rest better if I cover her with a blanket and tuck it around her.  I have wondered if a weighted blanket would help ME sleep better.  So I am going to make blankets for us.  I think it will be a good thing.  I ordered the weight pellets and I have material I can use.  A new endeavor!  I am also working on a door decoration hanger for my front door using branches.  I hope it works out as I envision. 

    As I mentioned...this is the year of taking care of ME. 

No comments: