Monday, January 11, 2016

I Like to Move It, Move It

The Post title is a lie.  I DO NOT like to move.   I am talking about moving furniture and belongings to another location.

I took Friday off from work (using one of my 3 personal days) to pick up the moving truck for my son, collect some furniture they ordered from a couple of stores on the way back to the house. Then, I helped them load it for hours that night.  Went to bed at 2 am and was back up before 7.  We loaded some last minute things and I drove the truck down the highway an hour south of here and into the apartment complex.  Then, for the next 4 1/2 hours we unloaded.

Turns out the couch was too big (one of the ordered items I had picked up) to get through the doors.  It also had some missing 'faux leather' on the corner of the arm.  So, I got on the phone to the store to make sure they would take it back, and called the Uhaul to change the order from one way to round trip.  I checked when their closing time was.  We hustled the rest of the stuff off the truck.

My son and his fiancee were stuck there with the cable/internet installer.  I took off and told them they had another hour but to let the guy know they had to leave by 6 so they could meet me at the Uhaul and pick me up.

I got the truck to the furniture store and they came out and unloaded the couch...but first they asked me if I would keep it if they gave me a discount.  Um...nope.  It was unloaded, Then I drove across the street to the Speedway and put the required amt of gas back in it.  I also grabbed a cappuccino because I was kinda cold.  The temp was upper 40's but I had realized I had left my hooded sweatshirt back at their apartment.  I was wearing a short sleeved tshirt and jeans.

I hopped back in the truck and realized I had 11 minutes to get the truck down the road and into the Uhaul.  I saw the lighted Uhaul sign and glanced at the clock...2 minutes left.  I wheeled that thing into the parking lot and jumped out...after I put it in park and shut it down, of course.

Luckily there was a couple of hillbillies in there asking a bunch of questions trying to rent a truck.  The poor girl behind the counter looked at me and mouthed "sorry".  I just shrugged and shook my head with a smile.  I called my son and he said he was in sight of the Uhaul sign and was pulling in.

I got my turn, paid the bill, and we took off for my house.  My son had drove my SUV down behind the moving truck so this way he was going to get his car.  I had him call the pizza place where my daughter's bf is the asst manager and order a pizza.  We would make it back to town by the time the pizza was done.

I got to town, pulled in the pizza place parking lot and out the bf came with the pizza, handed it to me and said it was his treat.

I got home to clean up pools of poop.  yay.  My oldest dog had doggy flu.  I had cleaned it up that morning too.  It has taken 5 Imodium over 2 days to get it to quit.  That is 2 weekends in a row with a dog with doggy flu.  I still have another dog and I am going to need some more Imodium.

My house it emptying out.

In the meantime, there is a guy that has been bugging me every since he found out I got a divorce.  I went to HS with him.   But he has been pushing hard and it has really caused me anxiety...almost to the point of a panic attack.  I just told him that we haven't really been around each other since HS and we have both changed.  He got ticked off and told me that he got it..that he was just friend material.  I told him that isn't what I said but he is pretty quick to pull the trigger.  He told me that he had a crush on me way back then but I wasn't interested.  He is much better looking now and my reluctance tells him enough.  I told him that he has no idea who I am now.  I just went through 25 years of emotional and mental abuse and manipulation and he should be able to understand that I am certainly not going to just jump into something.

Frankly, that whole situation right there is a pool of poop.

Jean and I made arrangements to go to dinner theater for our monthly girls' night out.  I am looking forward to that.  AND, if I stick to it, I will be going to the first of the year organizational meeting of the town theater players.  I am not one to get on the stage but I would be happy to help out with costumes or scenery.  A woman I know at my church kinda poked at me to do it...just to get out of the house and do something different.  So, unless I am totally dead tomorrow night, I will try and make myself go try.

Also...the weather report:  the day my son moved was the last decent day.  The next day, the temps plummeted and it started snowing.  Our winter weather waited all of this time while he was driving back and forth an hour each way for his new job.  Now he is 7 miles away from work.  AND his fiancee is about 15 minutes away from her new job.

My house is filthy and I have a 3 day weekend coming up.  I will really need to do some massive cleaning.  Oh well...no rest for the weary.

No comments: