Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Still Hanging in There

I have no major problems.  Not at this point.  I will enjoy my respite for now.  Something always comes along, eventually but I am not going to sit in wait.

Brittany was able to secure the job at my church's daycare.  She begins her new job next Monday.  She seems happy and excited.  I hope it goes well.  Her happiness is fleeting.  I am hoping that once she starts there she can look into seeing a counselor.  She is going to need it.

TJ is waiting to get his interview for a full time assistant TV news producer.  I am confident he is going to get the job.  He was told by one of the admins over in the TV studio that TJ is his pick for the job.   AND that there will be 2-3 producers leaving in about 3-4 months so if TJ does his assistant job well, he can move up quickly.  It would be nice to see things go well for TJ and Brit.

Bethany will be starting classes the last week of August.  It will be a juggling act that week.  TJ will be returning from a week in NYC just as I am leaving for a 2 day all staff meeting at a conference and resort center and Bethany will be starting classes. 

I am still training and seems I will be next week also.  I have lots of material to cover. 

This weekend I am taking Bethany and Jordan 'home' to be around the family.  Bethany hasn't had much chance to see anyone since March.  Jordan will get to meet EVERYONE all in one weekend.  He is excited and nervous all at once. 

I am back to trying to lose weight...for many reasons:  1) my lower back; 2) my hips; 3) my heart; 4) so that I can feel like the real me inside and out, again; 5) the most vain reason of all...to be attractive for someone new.  No, I don't have anyone in mind.  Bethany at first thought that was a terrible reason but I pointed out to her that whether we like it or not, people are visual and outward appearances matter.  I asked her to honestly tell me that she would have been quite so attracted to Jordan if he still looked like the fat, poofy haired guy he was in 10th grade.  I see her think about it and she admitted she may not have talked to him at first.  I told her, "See?  He is still the same guy inside and personality wise BUT in order for someone to want to get to know you, they have to be attracted to you."  It is the way of the beast.  Although, in my ex's case, he is attracted by the availability of sex.  And he doesn't seem to much care about the outside package.  *shudder*

Anyhow...I had better get back to my training sessions.  And by next Monday I should (hopefully) have my office set up.  And have a regular routine established.

No comments: