Monday, July 13, 2015

Working Way Out Ahead of Things

Once you get to a place where you can look back at things, you can marvel at God.

As my mother pointed out, I worked that job with the power company I hated for almost 2 years in order for me to collect unemployment for a year because the divorce was coming. AND I lost my job when I did so that I could get the alimony payment that I did.  The county re-evaluated area property values just in the nick of time so that it made it look to the courts as if there was no equity to be had in our house so I would not have to pay the ex any money for his half of the house in order for me to keep it.  

Here is the really marvelous part...it happened 3 years BEFORE.  I marveled at the timing of it THEN and I am even more in awe of it now.  We decided to get our home mortgage refinanced.  It was actually Evil Spawn that really wanted to do it and do it soon.  So, I found the refi company, did the leg work, all he had to do was show up and sign the papers.  The whole thing knocked about $300/month off our mortgage payment.  What was so great about the timing back then was just a few weeks later, Evil Spawn lost his job.  It was perfect timing! 

What made it great for ME is that I have come to realize that my payments for the house each month are less than for which I could rent a decent house.  And living in this community my utility payments are lower than anywhere else around us.  God was watching out for us (me and the kids) way ahead of time.  The kids are in really good area.  They have found their significant others, have friends, have lots of opportunities, etc. 

God even made sure to help Evil Spawn to get a job far away so that I would not have to deal with him face-to-face. 

I am just glad God was able to bring me back around to something more sane and put some sense back into me.

NOW if He could just create another major miracle and melt the fat off of me.  Ha ha!  I guess that will take me some real work.

No comments: