Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Temporary Routine

I would chalk it up to old age.  Would.  But it isn't just me.


My body gets used to a certain routine.  When I deviate from the routine for more than one day or in a significant way, it makes me pay.  For instance, Daylight savings time (springing forward) wasn't bad enough but there was the added bonus of the frenzy of the chili cook-off at our church.  That might have been fine but for two mornings I have had to rise (but not quite shine) an hour early.  My daughter had Ohio Graduation Tests to take and since she is going to an online school that means there is a center that I have to take her to in order for her to take the tests.  I took her friend Amy too, since they are both in the same online school this year.  They have one test each day...Ohio guidelines.  It takes about 45 minutes to get to this little obscure art center in an odd sort of neighborhood.  Thankfully Amy's mom is taking them the next two mornings. 


As I drove down Routh 675, I noticed these wires that are strung across this one part of the freeway...becuz both days I have seen them lined with dozens of little black birds.  Is it a bunch of old retired blackbirds and this is their equivalent to gathering for artery clogging breakfast at McDonald's every morning? 


My Uncle Gerald did it every morning for years...met his old buddies at McDonald's for breakfast every morning.  I am of the belief that had he not gone there and ate the McD's breakfast every morning he would still be with us today.  He died last year at the age of 93.  You might think "Wow" but his dad, my grandfather, lived to the ripe old age of 100.  I think he might have hung in there longer than 100 but he had gotten sick and was put in a nursing home to recuperate.  The day he died my Aunt Lois (Aunt Crazy) was visiting him along with my Uncle Gerald. She was standing over Grandpa's bed yammering on and on and on (like she always has) and Grandpa just stopped breathing.  I think she sucked up all the oxygen and suffocated him to death.


So...from getting up earlier than I can stand to birds on a wired to old folks and McD breakfast to my grandfather suffocating to death.  I wonder if that qualifies me as a Gilmore Girl?


I find that at times I just want to scream.  Why?  Because I have so many ppl coming at me with some kind of a whine.  I wouldn't mind the whine (because lord knows I've done it plenty myself) but what I HATE is when I give them some ideas of ways to help the situation maybe get better or be at least tolerable, then I get hit with a bazillion excuses.  over and over.  What they REALLY want is someone else to physically DO whatever for them OR wave a magic wand and TADA...all better.  Sorry, I broke my magic wand decades ago.


My oldest sister seems to be more comfortable not being able to make ends meet.  We have ALL tried to help her.  My youngest sister complains and whines about EVERYTHING and when I try to extend a helping hand or helping advice my hand gets slapped away and she shoots down all of my advice with stupid reasons why it won't work.  Nothing will work if you don't put a bit of effort into it.


And there is this person that went to my HS who has clutched onto me.  She whines cuz she is overweight...gives me lots of reasons why.  Then whines that she doesn't want to exercise or change her diet cuz she is Italian and loves to eat.  Those were HER words, not mine.  Don't we ALL love to eat?  I'm not Italian...that I know of.  But if I could eat fruit pie all the time, don't you think I would?  What she wants is attention. She wants a magic pill. 


Just like my SIL.  My MIL told her I was losing weight.  Even tho dear old SIL hasn't spoken to me for a year and a half, she didn't mind TEXTING me to ask what pill I'm taking. :?  I think she was disappointed when I told her I wasn't taking anything.  Just watching what I actually ate, how much, and exercised.  wow...that's work.


so...getting up too early...birds on a wire...old folks at McD...suffocation...whining...losing weight.


I think I've covered enough bases for now.

5 comments:

Jo ~ said...

hey girl, glad to see you gussied up the place over here.

Nancy said...

Kinda randomly dismal, isn't it? LOL I was trying to find a background that had a volcano and this is all I could find with the time I put into it. I may find one later when/if I get the time. Thanks for stopping by!

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Heather:

What a beautiful blog you have here. I enjoyed reading this post for its humor. And you are right about the pill - some people just want to take a pill for whatever concern they have rather than to do something that requires effort and sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Your blog background is not dismal.

Looks great!

I just found you, and wanted you to know that you're being followed... :I

My back is hurting right now and I'm gonna have to lay down. Maybe later I can come back with a more substantive comment...

peace

Nancy said...

Hello Whit...glad to see you...and glad I could humor you!

Paul! I like your place over there. Looking forward to reading! (sorry about the back...with me it is the left arm...been that way for over a month now. The fibromyalgia flares up in one place for a while then magically moves on to another joint to party for a while)