Friday, March 25, 2011

Making a List and Checking It...

You know I'm in a bad way when I get all upset and cry over American Idol.  Yes, Casey is my favorite and it was shocking to me that as many times as I voted for him, he got eliminated.  And when the judges saved him, as Casey turned white and almost fainted, the waterworks started and my daughter handed me the tissue box.  At least she doesn't laugh at me!

I have let everything around me just pile up and weigh on me. 

My son has an infected wisdom tooth that really needs to come out.  The surgeon is so busy I had to beg for an appt. that wasn't weeks and weeks down the road.  Even then, it was set up for 2 weeks later.  I stress over his pain and I'm stressed over the bill that will face us when it is extracted...and I stress over the meds he will have to deal with afterwards becuz of his anxiety meds.

My daughter is all uptight over a female thing and I had to make an appt. for her at the doctor's.  Her first gyno appt.  I am sure it is nothing but the thing I think is nothing might be the thing that turns out to be something. 

My mother just went through a breast cancer scare.  Thank the lord above it was just that...a scare.  But her doctor was even expecting it to be breast cancer. 

My brother is having problems with his lungs.  He is now having to go through tests...scans.  Hopefully it will turn out to be pneumonia or some pleuresy and not emphezima.  He hangs out with smoker friends way too much.  My mother's shock was when she met him at the doctor office to give him some needed med records for his new doctor, out of his car stepped a skinny little blonde that she had never seen before.  Where's the girl he's been dating for the last 3 years? 

I FINALLY found out that I filled out and sent in the wrong paperwork to renew my teaching license.  That was $160 as it was.  The check was never cashed.  Got ahold of someone today that could explain!  Turns out I filled out the wrong form.  Since I am not getting a NEW license, but converting teacher CERTIFICATION into teacher LICENSURE, it is a different form and $200.  PLUS I have to go get a new set of fingerprints done...more money.

THEN, the trip to Wichita for hubby's court date for his DUI from last year is coming up.  He got papers from the lawyer today.  In order to keep it off his records, they are going to put him through the wringer.  No jail time but that would be SO much quicker and easier than what they want...and a whole heck of a lot cheaper.  By the time it is all said and done, it will all cost us about $2000.  The 'good news' is we have 3 months to pay it. 

At the time of this posting I am applying for summer work.  As soon as the teaching license comes through I will be applying for online teaching jobs, also. 

God...I know You are up there.  and I know You take care of things.  I am sorry I allow myself to get into such a pile of anxiety over things.  You will do what is best and You will help us through this. 

Oh...and one more thing...while You are at it...could You do something about the drug dealer living next door to my youngest sister and her family? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like some people lead a charmed life, some lead a quiet life. You seem to lead a "firecrackers in the toaster" life, all hell's breaking loose 24/7. Never a dull moment.

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Nancy:

Only $2000 for a DUI. Does that include the increase in car insurance costs?

Nancy said...

Whit...it is actually another $2000...we have already paid over $1000. First offense...and it would have been cheaper in SOME ways had he just did his 48 hours in jail and paid the fine and court costs. However, this is for keeping it off his record. And in keeping it off his record supposedly the insurance company won't get involved either. We shall see. Drinking and driving is not something I have ever worried about him doing. He just wasn't thinking. But, I am not going to defend it.

Nancy said...

Skinny...it has been way worse in the past. I just didn't realize how calm and boring my life was when I was single. LOL My husband has 'saved' me from my boredom and LET me experience this dancing on the edge of the volcano. Unfortunately I think my son is heading down the road of 'adventure' in his own way. My daughter...so far so good. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. We'll see how long she can keep it there.