Monday, March 28, 2011

All's Swell...Sort of...

Okay...I am starting to settle down.  I had my 'over-the-top-give-in-to-stress' thing tonight.  I grabbed a bag out of the cupboard that my daughter had wanted from Trader Joe's...a bag of yogurt covered pretzels.   Those things pack A LOT of calories!  I ate over 200 calories worth.  But, I got even with myself...I made myself do 60 minutes of cardio. 

I filled out some job app.'s today and went to get my fingerprints taken care of for the state ed. board.  My papers for my license (and the big check) went into the mail late Friday night.  Next Tuesday I will start calling them and checking on my license.  For now I am thinking that working in one of the many daycare centers over the summer with the school aged kids will be good..if I can get in.  There were some tutor jobs advertised that pay REALLY well but I am not so sure there will be a whole lot of work in that area over the summer.  I could be wrong.

Turns out my brother has a weird infection.  It started out as a bad cold..then infected sinuses but he let it go so long the infection spread down into his chest cavity.  He is on 5 different drugs for it now.  As for the skinny little blonde...my mother needs to get her eyes checked.  LOL

I recorded a show and watched another show today that I don't normally watch.  The recorded show was about video game addiction.  The show I watched was 'Dancing With the Stars'. ..I had that on while I was exercising.  I figured if I was going to punish myself I would REALLY punish myself.  Sorry...I'm not a fan BUT I was really impressed with 'the karate kid' guy...Ralph.  Now THAT guy can cut a rug!  If I tried to do even one minute of that dance I would have collapsed. 

As for the Dr. Phil show...I can see some of what he was talking about happening with my son but not totally.  TJ gets out and goes to class and he does his studying and class work.  He isn't addicted to a video game, exactly.  What he is addicted to is his friends online.  Since we moved around so much and then he ultimately ended up doing his last 6 years of school online, he doesn't have but a couple of friends in the area.  Most of his friends are guys his age online.  They all have given each other nicknames (Brolly, Doom, Negative, etc.) and they have like a little club.  They meet online to actually watch wrestling matches together and comment then they play games online together and joke around.  I am looking forward to the day when he is done with college and hope he gets a job out there in the world with people he can work with face to face.

This week is Bethany's spring break.  And just like when TJ was on Spring Break, she has the flu.  Kind of a suckie spring break but at least it isn't interfering with school.  LOL

4 comments:

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Nancy:

What is there about "Dancing with the Stars?" When my wife watches that show, I leave the room. :)

Nancy said...

Whit...as you noticed I said I'm NOT a fan and I was watching it to punish myself further for eating something bad for me. LOL I don't really like the show however, I must admit, I was VERY impressed with Ralph's dance. I would have killed me to do that! He's still pretty spry.

You know, some people get better looking with age...Ralph is one of them. Kirstie Ally is not.

Jo ~ said...

hey Nancy,

I always wanted to take dance lessons with somebody and learn all the dance steps; it looks like such fun, and what a great workout too I would imagine. All I ever ran across was two left footed men! sucks about the kids being sick.

Nancy said...

Bella...I had always wanted to take dance lessons, too. However, Troy isn't exactly in agreement on that. I would go find myself a dance partner but that might cause a few problems...