Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Life Not So Well Planned


These are the phases of my paver patio .

This is my living room with the room rugs and Lucy in the middle.  LOL  She accepted it all right away.  Jack...not so much.  Max was not thrilled but he warmed up to it. He will often loudly display his displeasure with the removal of the carpet and pad by getting up on the couch (I put a cover of it that can be removed when someone wants to sit on it or I need to wash it), make a loud noise when he lays down, then rolls around for a minute and makes loud noises indicating that he likes the koosh of the couch.

This is the dress I ordered for the wedding.  It is lacy, elegant yet simple.  They are having a short outdoor ceremony with, what I describe as a country picnic reception...barbeque chicken, ham, macaroni salad, green bean casserole, corn bread, etc.  There will only be about 25 people in attendance.  It is a distance (on our side) and family relationship (on her side) issue.


Scary Bay Bridge...I almost had a panic attack driving over it.

cool sand sculpture on Ocean City beach
my feet in the sand at Assateague.  I told Karen that 'assateague' is what my butt feels after that 12 hour drive
I went with my daughter to see a new doctor today.  She has been concerned with her hair loss, her paleness, tiredness, and her asthma.  You would not believe the time we had finding a doctor that would take new patients!!!  I was impressed with him.  He sent her for blood work and asked for a T4 test for her thyroid.  Not many doctors do that.  He is not so convinced that she has anemia.  He also told her that he wants her to come back in the winter (when her asthma is at its worst) and recheck her to make sure she gets the proper treatment for it. They set the appt for the end of December.

I then set up an appt with him also.  I have been confounded with these other doctors that tell me my thyroid is working well enough.  I have HALF of a thyroid!  How can it be working 'well enough'?
I am able to get in the week after the 4th.  I know he will get on me about my weight.  I get on me about my weight too.  LOL

I hate appointments.  I finally went to get a check up at the dentist yesterday.  I had not realized it has been well over a year.  Yay.  I was avoiding the issue of the crown that I need.

I did not plan on having to put quite so much work into my paver patio.  My mother told me that I need to dig down 8 inches and fill it with gravel then cover with sand and put the pavers on.  I am not quite that dedicated to a patio.  I am going to dig out SOME dirt, level it out, put down sand, plastic, sand again and my rubber pavers.  They are easier to cut and manipulate.  And, if, after I sell my house, someone doesn't like it, they can easily remove it.  It will remain cooler than the concrete pavers.

Anywhooooo...I am off to help my son replace the battery in his car.  I am so (not) looking forward to traveling through the traffic to get to his place an hour away.

No comments: