Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Firepits of Life

Spent yesterday afternoon shopping with my daughter for dresses for TJ's wedding.  Most things that were for her age had a lot of material cut out of them...cutouts on the side, the back, the front...not a whole dress.  Or they were too sparkly or fluffy.  LOL   She said she wanted to be covered up and not peeking out.  She had found something online she liked and I guess we will order that.

I did not have any luck.  Too sparkly, too long, too 'loud'...and when I did find something I thought would work...TOO EXPENSIVE.  So I came home and ordered my dress online also.  It is a light blue-ish lace dress with an underlining.  It is knee length and short sleeved and will fit in with the small, outdoor winery-'country picnic' reception.  And I can wear it again.  Not TOO fancy but just enough.

I also found out something interesting.  I have been tracking my food intake on My Fitness Pal.  It will also track your intake of vitamins and minerals, sugar, carbs, fat, etc.  I was looking at it last night and discovered that not only was my potasssium intake extremely (exTREMely) low but my iron intake was almost non-existent and my calcium intake could be much better.

I discovered the potassium problem a couple of weeks ago and bought some potassium tablets.  The cramping in my calf muscles has just about disappeared now.  However, the very low levels of iron intake could explain the muscle fatigue that I experience.  It isn't a normal muscle fatigue.  I experience it quickly and often...sometimes even the slightest tasks.  And it makes everything on me feel like lead weight.  At any rate, I am going to double check how much iron I should have a day and get some iron tablets.  I will leave 'room' for iron intake from foods.  I also have to be drinking more almond milk for my calcium.  I have gone back to eating greek yogurt but I looked for the one with the least amount of sugar added.  I have been trying really hard to cut back on the sugar. (I rechecked the Potassium deficiency and my muscle fatigue is more due to that...I will not be taking iron supplements)

I found bread that does not have any sugar in it.  The down side is that it is hard to toast.  After all, if you think about it, it is the sugar in things that cause it to carmalize  and it is the sugar that burns.  So, toast is just carmalized bread!  LOL

I began work on my paver patio.  This thing is going to take me a bit longer than anticipated.  It was majorly hot yesterday and I had to quite after 2 hours because I was having a very hard time breathing.  I was drenched in sweat.  It took a lot out of me and I did not have much energy for the mall walking.  I was glad when it was over.

I have to go to the garden ctr portion of the home store and get a few more things today.  I have decided to BUY an inexpensive firepit then stack stones up around it to make it look more rustic.  I have LOTS of stones.  And that way, I can use masonry adhesive...the DIY site says I can.  :D
It will be quicker also AND I don't have to worry about what kind of cement I am using, if I am using the right kind of brick liner, etc.  This has turned into a much more costly endeavor than I had first thought but it will be nice when it is done.  I hope Bethany and her friends will like it.  It is just one little addition to the home and will make the backyard nicer.  Right now my back yard is just a yard encircled with a fence.

Well...onward.  I have a life to get on with.

No comments: