Monday, August 17, 2015

Another One Bites the Dust

So,,,,got a call out of the blue from an old HS friend, David.  I was his first gf...IN EIGHTH GRADE!  But he and I have stayed in touch off and on over the years.  He is odd.  A bit full of himself.

He said his wife is divorcing him.  I was afraid of that.  As I was going through my divorce last summer he told me of some problems in his marriage.  I hadn't heard anything more so I had hoped it had worked itself out.

As I told him tonight, though, I know HS David.  I haven't really been physically around him for 35 years.  I told him that he, I'm sure, has changed since HS...I am not the same Nancy he remembers.  Then he revealed to me that he likes to drink.  HS David was squeaky clean. '

So, given that I have not really been around him since HS, and throwing in his revelation, I certainly was not going to sit there and judge his soon to be ex wife.  I do not know her AT ALL and David may not be too much in the clear on this one.

I just know that I could not take him in large doses...let alone every day.  I would want to shoot myself in the head.  And listening to him I also realized there are worse things than being alone.

While I feel sorry for him...cuz this is not going to be a fun journey...I am not sure really how broken up he is going to be about it.  AND I am pretty sure he was sitting there drinking while talking to me and getting drunk(er) as the conversation went on.

I find that exasperating.  I am not fond of talking to drunk people nor being on the other end of the phone while they are getting there.  My oldest sister used to do that to me a lot.

I know he needed someone to talk with on the subject...and I would like to be his friend.  I just hope he doesn't call me too often because my ADHD won't take it.

SQUIRREL!

No comments: