Saturday, August 15, 2015

Bridges of Madison County

I have never watched "Bridges of Madison County".   I have it on now...came into the middle of it.  Just what I have gotten out of it...I don't see it as a bittersweet love story.  I see it as one of those 'grass is greener on the other side' kind of movies.  When Meryl Streep's character tells Clint Eastwood's character that she can't leave her husband because he is a kind man that has never hurt anyone and doesn't deserve to have his heart broken...that is the biggest thing right there.

He may not have given her an 'exciting' life...but he gave her a decent life.  One where she was loved and had stability.  If her life and relationships weren't ALL that she wanted, then she should discuss it with her family. 

You don't walk out on relationships because it isn't turning out to give you everything you decided you should have had...it should have been...instead of being what it is.  I believe that you sometimes give up what you DREAMED your life would turn into because the people in your life truly love you...no matter who you are or what you do.  True love is everything.

While I have happiness with the relationships left in my life, I have one more request for God. 

I have looked back at all of the relationships in my life.  There is NOT ONE that I can say he was my friend.  They all seemed to be the same kind of guy...they would make some gesture for me not because they knew it was something that would give me a smile or a warm glow and they were good with just that, but they did it so I would tell them how wonderful they were...gush over them...pat them on the back...build them a shrine.

I am so happy for my daughter.  She has the right kind of relationship.  Jordan is her friend.  They respect each other.  They do little things for each other and with each other that gives the other one a warm feeling...but don't expect anything in return.  They are confident enough in their relationship.

My son and his fiancée...remind me in too many ways of my marriage except for one thing...once the argument is over, they WILL sit and listen to each other.  But they are both every emotional and wear it on their sleeves.  While they both let how they feel physically take over their emotions and lash out at each other, they will eventually calm down and 'fix' it.  What they need to 'fix' is immediately reacting to physical and emotional.

I pray that at some point...although I know I am not ready now, although God knows best...I will be blessed, finally, with a guy that can love someone more than himself.  Or, he can love...he is generous.  I am not speaking of 'generous' in spending money...I am speaking of generous with his feelings and heart. 

He can roll with the punches and not let things upset his world so much.  He is slow to temper and quick of wit.

I don't ask for much, do I?  LOL 

No comments: