Monday, September 22, 2014

Coming Out of the Woodwork

It's amazing that once ppl figured out I was going through a divorce how many others there are that I didn't know had gone through this.  They share their divorce stories and how they got through it.  Most of the stories about the ex-husband's actions sound pretty similar to my soon-to-be-ex.  There is still a lot of hurt and anger.  I am sure I will always carry that hurt and feeling of betrayal with me where he is concerned.  I can't just dismiss this with 'He is what he is'.  But I will move on.  I have no choice.  I refuse to let this end me or define the rest of my life.

I did, however, decide that the way he did this has shown a lack of respect...besides cowardliness.  And, as such, am giving myself a birthday present.  Instead of our son picking him up from the airport to go to his hotel...then going out to dinner with the kids, I am going to pick him up from the airport and take him back to his hotel room so we can have a face-to-face.  THEN he can go out to dinner with the kids.

Doing a divorce by phone and email is just not right.  Being told by your husband he wants a divorce by email is crap...then working it out over the phone and via email and txt is crap. 

I need some closure.  I shared my life with him for 25 years...he pulled me through drug abuse, abandonment, identity theft, bankruptcy and more moves than I care to count.  He owes me a face-to-face.  I promise not to do bodily harm.  There will not be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

And perhaps afterwards I can find a way to move on.  God will guide me.  He has a new life waiting for me NOW.

No comments: