Saturday, September 27, 2014

Spread It Around

The one thing about being a Christian and asking God for prayers to be answered....if you don't want the answer, don't ask.  And if you ask you better be open to receive the answer.

I am also the kind of person that is more than willing to consider my part in a problem. 

So I asked God...prayed very meaningfully for some understanding.  I wanted to understand something about this divorce that would help me get through it, over it, around it....

He answered me.  Wasn't what I was expecting but...I got it!

I think it is because there was nobody/nothing in my way.  God was finally able to get through to me...after 53 years.  It was 'wow'. 

All these years I was so angry at Troy...he never new how to communicate with me.  But he HAD tried.  I wasn't listening to HIM. 

I can admit to it.  I made it difficult for him to communicate with me.  I am a good person and I can take care of everyone.  I was just not a good wife.  I have been, as they say, 'emotionally unavailable'.  I never really understood what that meant until when it came to defining my problem.

Troy bought me a t shirt once with Grumpy on the front and it said, "I don't do hugs".  pretty much sums it up.  Not cuz I don't like hugs...but I just did not display my emotions.  And my inability to express myself lead him to believe I was unapproving of him, did not love him, was not happy with him.

Also, once I became  mom, I changed my interaction with him...on a regular basis.  That right there should have told me I needed to get some counseling.

So, since I have already tanked one marriage and a various relationships, I have signed up for counseling so that I can move forward and possibly have a healthy, happy life from here on out.

No comments: