Friday, August 3, 2012

Where Faith Meets the Road

Anxiety...worry.  You can NEVER be prepared for everything. 

Out of everything that I saw myself 'dealing with'...this was not one of them:  today my husband lost his job.  12 years with this company.  Politics.  And he got caught in the middle of incompetence and it all came down on his shoulders.  Someone had to take the fall and it was so much easier to let it be him.

This is where faith has to hold us up and keep us going.

This is not the first time we have been here.  I just have to keep my cool and keep him focused in the right direction.  I can't handle it again if he goes off the deep end again and rests his psyche on drugs.  I got him through one rehab...among other things. 

Dear God, I know you hear me.  I have trusted you...and I may have taken it all for granted lately, thinking it was finally our time to relax and enjoy things.  You have other ideas.  I am not sure what it is you want us to do or where you want us to go.  Just let it be not quite so hard on the kids this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not good news. Seems like the rain never lets up much for you. Hope you are successful hanging in and keeping hubby focused.

Nancy said...

Thank you Skinny. I appreciate that however, I have had time to look around at others in the last few years and have come to realize there are LOTS of ppl/families in much worse spots. God will see us through and actually Troy seems to be coming at this from a different angle. He is being more positive and introspective and it is a good thing. He said he is going to clean house on himself, grow up, and whatever comes next he will be grateful and it will only be for the better, in one way or another. We will weather it.