Friday, August 24, 2012

Dull Point

Seems like it has been months since I went on that trip with my parents and sisters.  And I haven't had time to finish my blog entries about it.  I also have only had time to edit the pictures from the first day of the trip. 

This last week was good.  I like my job...I like the ppl in my training team.  It took me a while, believe it or not, before I started joking with everyone.  I think it was day 3 in the afternoon before I made my first joke.  The phone rang at the back of the room and the trainer answered it and when she hung up she said, "They (?) said you all had to get your drug screening done.  I am pretty sure you had that done before you even got to this point, right?"  Everyone said, "Yes!" and I said, very emphatically, "And boy was I sweatin' that!"  She looked up startled, I smiled, she laughed then everyone else laughed and someone said, "Yeah, like you look the part!" and the trainer said, "Those are the ones you have to watch!" 

I have sprinkled a few jokes here and there but not much.  Usually I do it in the afternoon when I am tired and silly.

Troy started out the week being all gung ho...cooking, a little cleaning (and I do mean LITTLE).  But by tonight he quit.  I put some pizzas in the oven after work. 

All I know is I have tried to be patient and understanding but if he doesn't get a job or a hobby soon I am going to find my own place to live.  I know this is difficult for him but he is getting a taste of what my life was like for the past I don't know how many years staying at home.  He complains about EVERYTHING!  He had to wipe crumbs off the counter...someone left a water bottle sitting on a lamp stand...the dogs have to be let in and out a bazillion times a day...blah blah.  He meets me at the door and starts right in...and he just goes on and on...and on and on.  It took me 2 hours the other night to watch an hour show becuz I had to keep hitting the pause button cuz he wouldn't shut up so I could hear it!  And when it wasn't him it was my daughter.  The only reason it hasn't been TJ is becuz he has been working at night and doesn't get home until an hour before I go to bed.  By then he isn't much interested in talking, either.

I never realized just how much Troy DOES talk and complain cuz he never hung around the house much.  And days when he wasn't traveling and he was home, he slept a lot. 

I called him today during my lunch hour and he said, "I could go to Afghanistan."  He was offered a temporary gig there.  The day before it was a job with Panasonic to go to Jamaica.  I am thinking he is just wanting to run away as far as he can.  When he mentioned the Afghanistan thing I said, "And what then is the point of us being married?"  I got no reply.  WHATever. 

All I know is, I made it thru one week of training.  And they have stretched it to be 5 weeks.  I start my college classes this weekend.  We also found out that after 5 weeks of training, we will be working our part time hours for about 6-8 weeks then we will be doing 4 more weeks of full time training.  Not sure how this semester of school is going to go with having to do both of these things...it will be interesting.

No comments: