Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Muttering Under My Breath

Still busy with job applications.  Right now I would be happy with a part-time job at Wal-mart!  I was kinda hoping that the summer would yield a teaching-type gig with one of the many kiddie care places around here...you know, to work with the school aged kids they will be inundated with once the last day of school hits.  Nothing so far. 

Jr. has had a FEW job interviews.  Nothing that has yielded him a job, either. 

Nothing much really going on with my life right now.  I had to get myself some books for the brain.  Not that they are heavy with new things to learn.  They just give your brain something to think about a bit.  My daughter seems to have the same kind of 'thinker' that I do.  I lent her my book "The Geography of Bliss" and she seems to be enjoying it as much as I did.  She wants to borrow my Malcolm Gladwell books next.

I am trying NOT to think about what my son may be up to at this point.  He seems to be doing well in his classes and getting his work/projects done.  But that 'love interest' that he has had for the past year and a half is no more.  Especially after I told her mom to put a sock in it and told the girl I really did not want all the drama and, besides, while I didn't mind their friendship, anything beyond that I really did not approve of...although they are both over 18 and I can't REALLY do anything much about it but let her know my feelings about it.  She told TJ that she thought it would be best if they waited until they both finished college in about 2 years then try to work things out then.  He said, "yeah...like THAT'S going to happen."  What I am worried about now is this...he has a NEED to always feel like there is some female that is interested in him.  I worry WHAT he will dig up next.  His track record with picking female love interests has been about as bad as they come.  All I can do is pray and TRY not to worry about it.  My mom would tell me I am borrowing trouble.  She of all ppl should know better than to tell me that...after all, she raised my brother AND my oldest sister.  No details needed.  Then again...she raised me.  wow...nuff said.

I am waiting for the next change.  In the meantime I am watching what I eat and exercising.  I am really liking that new strength training machine in the basement.  My back and shoulder muscles especially need strengthening.  I work on all the other muscle groups, too.  I also put in some good cardio time.  I just want to shed this extra outer wear.  I have lost 10 pounds.  Sad little amount but I keep trying.

I get to pick up the new bikes sometime this week.  Thursday looks like the best chance...no rain.  Not sure when exactly we will get to USE these bikes.  The weather can't be crappy ALL year, can it???

2 comments:

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Nancy:

The positive side of all the drama in your home is that you might later write a book on adolescence. :^)

Nancy said...

Whit...I have been reading Erma Bombeck and I also have a relative that writes humorous life observation columns for various newspapers. He used to 'borrow' stuff from my emails to help with writing his columns in earlier years. He offered to compensate me but I really didn't think it was necessary. AFter all, he's the one that has put all the work into it! Anyway...I have been thinking along those lines. My husband keeps after me to do it.