Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Keep It Simple

Got rid of all of that busy background.  I couldn't stand to look at my own blog!  There is something to be said for keeping things simple.

Just like anything I do...I find that if I want time to do anything for myself, I have to keep the rest of my life simple.  Summer is coming and even though I want my yard and gardens to look nice, I do not want to be like my parents and be a slave to my yard.  That is all they do all summer and fall...work on their yard/gardens.  My mother complains about how much work it is...and she doesn't seem to believe in garden fabric or using Preen or anything else that might help.

Last summer we did most of the hard work.  I figure this summer I can add a little tweaking to some of the gardens.  Next summer the same.  But there is NOT going to be the hard labor this summer that there was last year.  I want to enjoy some of the summer with my family...go kayaking, biking, etc.  The kids won't be around much longer...and even if they are, we are all getting older.

Life goes by so very quickly.  I liked the home I grew up in but all I remember is my parents constantly redoing parts, adding on, improving, working in the yard, etc.  Thank goodness for the motorhome or we would have NEVER done anything.  We could count on at least 2 weeks ever other year.

And now, you know what?  I am going to go sit in the family room and read a book.  Troy is gone..the kids are watching some goofy show in the livingroom.  I have taken care of dinner and laundry AND I did 3 miles on my excercise machine.  Perhaps a nice glass of Traminer Reisling would go good with that book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look.

Indeed, you should enjoy your summer. Luckily for me, I haven't much of a yard to deal with.

peace

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

After the glass of wine, you will need to work the calories off by doing yard work. :^)

Nancy said...

Whit...I already worked off the calories earlier. That's why I could have the wine.

Anonymous said...

I like the new blog look. It is simple, and it's relaxing to look at.