Saturday, January 7, 2017

Out from Under the Tree

The new fridge got here on the 22.  I like it. It is smaller than the other one but I left the dorm fridge in the kitchen plugged in.  Since it had been plugged in running downstairs anyway, there is no more energy being used.

Christmas turned out pretty good.  Christmas Eve TJ and Brit came over for dinner.  Bethany got off work and we sat around and ate, talked, opened presents.  It was a nice evening.  Family time.  The next day, Jordan came for dinner with me and Bethany. We had some great conversation, opened presents.  It was a good day.

The rest of the week seem to be busy, yet, relaxing.  The kids had brunch with their dad on Thursday and I met TJ and his dad back at his place.  Douche went with me to get the moving truck. We loaded it with everything but their bed, a dresser and a very heavy coffee table.  TJ and I went with his dad back to his hotel for dinner...since it was free (Bethany had to go to work after their brunch).  He bought me a glass of wine.  We all 3 sat and talked and it went well.  Afterward, we went back up to his room because we had left our coats there and my purse...we got washed up before dinner.  As I was getting ready to leave, Douche told me that if I was too tired to drive home I could spend the night in his room (I had a 45 minute drive back home).  I started to laugh when I realized he was serious.  I just said, 'That would just be weird."  He said, "Why?"  "I can just hear everyone: you spent the night in your ex's room???"  "What do you care what anyone thinks?"  "I don't really.  I care what I think.  No thanks."

The next morning Bethany and I went down and helped finish loading a few things, then she went with me to drop her brother's car off at the tire store.  We had discovered the day before that TJ was driving around with a donut on the front of his car and he said he could not afford new tires until February.  The other 3 looked pretty bad.  So I had talked Douche into letting me get tires on his car now and put it on OUR card and TJ could pay them off.  He agreed as long as TJ does make the payments.

In the meantime, I had ordered a washer and dryer for them to be delivered to their apartment on Saturday.  I had told them about them, the sale price and I could get it without interest for 18 months and free delivery. They promised to pay for them.

So we spent the first part of the day moving them.  I had to have the truck back by 2 pm.  We had lunch from subway and Douche headed for home in Kansas.  Bethany and I loaded some more things in my SUV and TJ's car (the tires were on and we picked it up). We drove the half hour back to the new place and unloaded what we had.  Then Bethany and I made the hour and 15 minute drive back home.

I have been kinda impatient and short tempered since then.  I am not sure if it is just regular winter orneries or if it is because of spending 2 days with their dad.  He didn't say anything bad or do anything bad but it is just being around him.  I realized after listening to him, that at this point in my life if I met him, I would not choose to be his friend, let alone marry him.

Oh well.  It is fridgidely cold and I am on a sugar free/low carb diet.  I have been doing this for 2 weeks.  I am not sure about weight loss because it says it will take about 3 weeks to actually lose any real weight but I am feeling some good affects from the 0 sugar thing.  The inflammation in my knee has all but gone.  I have very little stiffness and pain in it anymore. AND a pair of sweats I have that had become uncomfortably snug are now fitting me as they should.  So...inflammation is leaving my body.

I have a goal to actually lose most of the weight I want to lose by the time our school has its end of the school year conference in Kalahari.  I want to be comfortable being around all of them.  Half of them are runners.  I will NEVER be a runner but I don't want to be the old fat lady of the bunch.

That is my goal...

No comments: