Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Touch

I visited my old HS friend's church again today.  I liked the sermon.

On the way home, something funky happened to my gas gauge.  I knew at some time on the journey home it would tell me I was low on fuel and it did 'ding'.  The Low Fuel light came on.  Then when I was closer to home it went off and the fuel gauge started to go up.  and up.  and up.  It stopped at 3/4 full then slowly went down a bit, then back up.  I just prayed that I would make it home.

I had gotten a notice from the IRS a few days ago that they had reviewed my tax return for 2014...the divorce year, and had determined that I owed them $265.  They removed some of my deductions I claimed and said they would need documentation.  Which I have...however, I found that not all of the documents I need are in the folder.  I have them.  I just have to search for them.

My dress I ordered for the wedding came and it looks awful on me.  So, there's that.

Then my son texted me and asked me if me and and his dad are still going to pay for the rest of what's due on the wedding venue.  *sigh*  I did not know that it was something that was expected.  I told him I had paid the down payment and I am taking care of the food.  I am rather strapped right now.  I also told him I don't speak with his dad.  I know he didn't want to ask him.  *sigh again*  So I sent Darkness an email and explained about the money due on the venue.  Hopefully he will contact our son and work it out.

Darkness said I didn't hug him.  He said he needed hugs.  I would have except for 1) he was always giving someone a 'speech' of what they are doing wrong and that made me not like him; 2) when he tried to hug me he wouldn't just hug and sometimes I just wanted a HUG.

But I do miss hugs.  I need them.  I want them.  I don't do alone very well.

2 comments:

Jo ~ said...

Isabella is 14 years old and we need to hug each other more :) It takes away the teension!

Nancy said...

yes...it gives a calming effect. Plus, it also gives the idea that someone gives a crap.