Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sacrifice

I attended 2 church services on Easter Sunday.  I visited the church in which Darkness has supposedly been saved.  I didn't recognize too many people there.  Lots of new people.  But I did enjoy Pastor Bill's message, as usual.

I also attended my parents' church with them...the church I grew up in.  I was fussed over like the conquering hero.  Lots of hugging.  Yeah.  That.  LOL!  Not sure what that is about.  However,  I hugged them all back and made a fuss over them too.

ANYWAY...back to the first service:  Pastor Bill's message was about sacrifice.  I want to make it clear that I am not comparing myself to Jesus or His sacrifice but...a good parent sacrifices.  It is what real love is all about.  And like humanity, our children do not always listen to us or appreciate/understand our sacrifice.  We love them just the same and would do whatever we can to save them from harm.

**************
It came to me today that all of my past experiences and trials have shaped me into a person that is ready for the job I have now.  I had to be able to have some empathy, yet, have a good understanding of how to approach a problem.

Another thing I decided is to give Matt the online guy an in person chance.  He may just be awkward with telephone conversations with someone he doesn't know.  He may be okay in person.

I had written him a message letting him know that I really shouldn't have tried this right now because I am buried until after April 22nd...my college classwork will be done and state testing will be over.  I thought that would cause him to move on.

He texted me and said he was willing to wait it out because he thinks I am too pretty to let go.

I don't know if he is being a creepy or trying to be nice.  BUT, I will give it a try.  He might be okay once he is face to face and gets to know me.  Then again, I may ask myself why I did it.  Only one way to find out.

No comments: