Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Building Blocks

The holidays are over.  I thought Christmas Day Skype was bad enough for my kids.  But they woke up the day after New Year day to pictures of their dad and his new female friend. 

He had not even admitted to them about a gf...and this was how they found out...and what she looked like.  He had not actually put the pictures on his page himself...she had tagged him in the photos so they would show up.  Then he tried to say that she didn't know they would be on his page if she did that.  I told him that either she did tell him that and he is just ignorant enough to believe it and he is being manipulated OR he is trying to feed that BS to us believing WE are stupid enough to believe it.

I went off on him for being such a piece of crap.  They may be adults but they deserved better than him telling then it was HIS business then displaying it on FB for the whole world to see.  The kicker? 

He has complained for years about women covering themselves in tattoos...he thought it was cheap and made them look bad.  He also did not like extra piercings on ANYONE. 

Well, she has a big old tattoo across her chest, other ones in various other places and at least one cheek piercing. 

At least somethings never change...he says one thing then does another.  I told him that too.  I also went ahead and called him stupid more than once.  It was cathartic.  It was mean...and it made me feel better. 

He called both kids and tried to explain it all away to them.  TJ bit his tongue about it all and just told him he was not thrilled to find out like everyone else.  Bethany called him on his BS and told him what she really thought about it all.  TJ has pronounced to me he is done with his father because he is one big liar.

Now that this has all hit the fan...I am hoping I can move on.  Just when I think he can't surprise me anymore.  I never saw the pictures...I took him off my friend list a long time ago and he had found the settings button on his FB so he could keep me from seeing any friends on his list that we didn't have in common and I couldn't see recent pictures.  I went ahead and just blocked him and had my son put her name in to block her too.  I don't want to deal with her....or anyone else he might associate himself with.  Need to keep it separate.

TJ bought himself a new car (new for him) on his own (well, I was there and giving him some back up) the day after New Year.  It is nice but right away I had to take it to a dealer and have a new key made for the car locks and a new fob programmed.  The fob that came with it worked at first but then it just quit.  The key he had would not unlock the car.  We ended up getting one of the local cops to open the door so he could get his work stuff out...then he had to drive my car to work the next day.  I called our mechanic and told him what happened.  He asked me if a new ignition had been put in.  I said, "yes, it looks like it."  He told me the key had not been fit to the locks.  And to call the dealer to have them test the fob. 

So I did.  They had to program a new fob and make a new key with the code chip on it.  Then, he got the car going.  He has loved it!  And he is thrilled that his dad had nothing to do with it.  I am proud of him.  Just one more block in his confidence building.

1 comment:

Whispered Promises said...

Glad for TJ and the ex is an ex for many reasons. This is the main one.