Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pumping Iron

The ironies of life.  Like one big sarcastic joke.  As if things weren't tough enough to deal with, life throws in an "oh BTW...screw you"

Don't get me wrong in any of this....the regular human in me has to vent.  My venting a skewed way of looking at life does not negate the fact that I still have absolute faith in God and His plan for my life...His timing...as long as I believe.  But as with anything, there is always something that can muck up everything.  God works things out for our best life but He also threw something in there, like 'free will'.  He says, "I have a big wonderful surprise for you OR you can choose to go with path #2 and make your own surprise."  Even at that, no matter what path you choose there are others that can make choices that will skew your results.

This is where Troy comes in.

I lost my job last Monday.  They decided not to keep me on after my probationary period.  Then the next Monday my spouse sends me an email telling me he wants a divorce. 

And now I am dealing with job search, divorce lawyer...

It isn't that I hadn't thought of calling it quits myself but the timing sucks.  Or not.  Just the idea that he asked me in an EMAIL and right after I lost my job.  I have many nicknames for him right now but I will not go there. 

He was going to file but I bought myself some time.  He is being very nice to me right now cuz he thinks we can do this real nice and I will agree to everything he proposes and get a nice, inexpensive dissolutionment without having to pay out money for lawyers. 

He knows I am job hunting and I told him I am taking inventory of what is in the house so we can decide on what to do about things.  As I said, I'm buying myself some time.  If he files then I have to go to Kansas.   If I file, he has to come HERE.   

I have my ideas as to what is ALL behind his deciding to do this NOW.  But the reasons will come out in the end.  Does it matter?  Anyway you look at it...he has drained me and dumped me.  And off he goes free...with a lot of money to spend and a new life.

I get a new life.  I will make it on my own.  And perhaps, a wee bit down the road I can find someone much easier to spend some time with...go places...enjoy things.

I was going to write more...but I need to get my mind somewhere else and take care of some things.

No comments: