Friday, May 3, 2013

Mindless Time Passing

I have never been full of endless amounts of energy.  I am not the laziest person on earth but I enjoy down time.  I will feel energetic for a while and try to do as much as I can while feeling that burst of energy.  Then I hit a wall. 

Today was my wall.  I hit a wall mentally too.  Tomorrow is the community garage sale and I forgot to go to the bank and get change.  This could be a problem.

I do worry about my 'thinker' sometimes.  Simple words will disappear in the middle of a sentence.  And I feel like I am quickly searching every corner of my brain to find it.  I have taken to putting sticky notes everywhere.  You should see my work cubicle.  I have been told the 'foggy' is part of fibromyalgia. 

The one thing I enjoy about garage sales is watching the 'shoppers'.  Thank goodness the garage sale shoppers are not as outlandish as the Walmart shoppers.  I prefer to be entertained...not disgusted.

There was one thing that happened at work today that left me shaking my head...even after some of the weird, angry, entitled customers that I have had.  Some guy called in to get some information on some of his properties and change some things so I had to go through a lot of different screens, etc.  He was yapping the whole time.  He had mentioned something about Star Wars and then he said, "well, that was before your time" I laughed and said, "I watched it when it first come out."  He said something about my voice sounding young and I said, "at least something about me is young."  I went on and kept trying to keep him to the business at hand...but while I was doing some typing on some of the screens his mouth was a moving...yap yap yap...and I was ignoring most of what he was yapping about because, frankly, I thought he was a kook.  Then as we finished up he said, "Well, your voice sounds really nice and I'll bet you look as good as your voice sounds."  To which I said, "oooo...kkkk...we have everything done here and if you have any more business that needs to be done you can call BACK to customer service.  Have a nice day!" and I disconnected the call. 

The thing that sticks with me the most is how uncomfortable the guy made me feel.  I was trying to keep everything on task, get the business done without being rude to the customer...but if I had my way I would have told the nut job to go meet himself somewhere and call back when he was done.

Sometimes I just feel like I am SO OVER humans.  LOL 

No comments: