Sunday, May 12, 2013

Family Outings

So the Mr. has swung into Mr Nice Guy mode again.  He came back from his trip to Wichita feeling exhilarated. 

On Saturday, I had a job fair I wanted to attend because there was a company there that I am particularly interested in becoming a part of.  I stopped at the county job and family booth to speak with a friend that works there.  She told me to use my LinkedIn to help me get into that company.  I told her I didn't have any sort of connection.  Then she told me the one woman working at their booth is a friend of hers so she could connect us.  Cool!  I also told her that I had a really good conversation with the guy working the booth and he seemed really interested in my job experience and was writing all over my resume.  My friend told me that was a good sign. 

Troy went along because there was an Aerospace company there that he wanted to check out.  They, unfortunately, didn't really have anything that was in his field of expertise.  Our daughter went and spoke to a company that told her about an internship she could sign up for.  Then TJ showed up and talked to a company there.  We all went to Logan's Steakhouse for an early Mother's Day celebration.  Mr. treated us out of HIS private stash.

After I got home, I pulled up my LinkedIn and brought up that company I am interested  in and was surprised to find that the CEO of the company is one of my connections.  So, I sent him an email.  This morning I found that he had checked out my profile.  Who knows...I may find that not too far down the road that I will get out of the Customer Solutions Rep. business at the utility company I am at right now.  That would be an answer to prayer!

The local meteorologist advised of possible frost over night for the weekend so, without me saying anything, Mr. went out and brought in all of my planters.  It is not that I don't appreciate it...it is just that I get so sick of him stomping around and grouching and complaining and pointing out all the things I do wrong...in his opinion.  THEN he'll turn around and be so very nice and like he's bending over backwards trying to make up for it.  I can't take it! 

TJ and his gf had their first major disagreement.  It is a matter of communication.  The difference with this girl is she is mature enough to tell TJ that she doesn't want to lose him and she needed time to work things out with him.  I talked to him about communication and how to work his way through it.  I wanted him to have the benefit of my lessons learned.  I guess they have it all patched up because they are all lovey-dovey on the Facebook again.  blech.  LOL

The countdown has started for Bethany's graduation open house.  3 weeks.  oy.  I still have so much to do around here with the family coming.  Luckily, Bethany has no more school to attend so she is more than happy (ha!) to help out around here to help me get things ready.   

She also is feeling pretty good because she has secured her first job...McDonalds.  It is no one's dream job but a first job for a 17 year old, this is about as good as it gets.  It will certainly be a major shock/shove into the world and how to deal with humanity while growing a tough hide. 

I don't know which is worse...shoving your kid into their first day of school and praying that they aren't the target of bullies or shoving them out there to their first job and praying they have good people to work with.

TJ bought Troy and I tickets to Huey Lewis and the News concert in June.  Troy's ticket was an early father's day present.  TJ bought himself a ticket to go with us.  I told Bethany I'd buy her a ticket then we can attend as a family.  The last time we did something like that it was to attend a free concert in the park with Dr. Hook and the 3 Dog Night.  The kids had been pumped full of their music the weeks leading up to the concert so that we could all sit there and sing along.

Not many opportunities like that left.  Not long and life will all be different.

No comments: