Friday, July 17, 2020

Uncoupling

TJ is finally doing it.  He is packing up all of his clothes and his computer and xbox and coming up here next Friday.  He has a job with McGraw-Hill, training teachers and school districts in how to use their online curriculum.  He does it from home so as long as he has a working computer and internet, he is working.  He and Brit are separating and will file for dissolution after a month of separation.  He says it has been nothing but arguing and stress for over a year, nothing gets better, she does what she wants, they aren't in love and he is just done. 

I know it will be hard.  I warned him about all of the thoughts and emotions he will have and to be prepared.  I also told him how to help himself get through it.  I know this next year especially will be tough for him but I will be here to listen. 

He doesn't even seem to mind settling in this area anymore.  He can go back to Eagleville church where he is familiar with some of the people...there are a lot of newer ones  and people his age.  He can also get involved in many things there.  It will help him make it through.

I had a visitor.  It was a HS classmate that lives in Florida.  She came and spent the night. Spent a whole afternoon, that night, left the next morning.  I dreaded it but was also cautiously optimistic that the dread was going to be unfounded.  I was wrong.  I was never so glad to see someone leave in my life.  I am not going to go into the details. All I am going to say is she was a major pain in the arse.


I finally got my bedroom painted and the new flooring down.  I think it turned out real nice.  I am going to attempt to put this flooring in the other bedroom before TJ gets here.

I am getting the new front door put up next week.  It won't cost a lot because there is a group that gets grant money and they call themselves "Beautify A----- County" and the guy that heads it is part of a plant exchange group I joined.  I asked him if he knew a guy I could hire to put the door in for me and he said that IF I would let them take before and after pictures, they would do it and charge very little.  So...tada! 

The Japanese Beetles are consuming my pretty coral colored climbing rose bushes.  I guess I will have to get out the sevin dust in the shed and cover them.  *sigh*  My tomato plants are getting tomatoes.  My new knock out rose bush that I planted in the front is dying but the hydrangea bush I put in by my side porch is growing really well.

My social life is not great but it is difficult to do anything with this corona virus/social distancing stuff going on.  The upside to that is we are not having the beginning of the year whole school 2 day F2F conference like we always do.  YAY!!! I hate that.  BUT, instead, we will have virtual 4 hour meetings for 3 mornings in a row. I could take my laptop into the bathroom with me and no one will know cuz I am not the one on camera and my mic is not on.  Ha ha!

I have stocked up on paper supplies and all things soap.  I also have lots of meat stocked up.  I have instant potatoes.  I just don't have a lot of frozen vegetables.  I hate shopping.  I told TJ that he will need to buy his own food.  He says he will do some of the cooking.  He said,"I know you like to cook..." (me)"nope...no I do not."  (TJ): "oh...ha!  Well, I was going to say I could do some of the cooking." (me) "cook away!  Cook ALL YOU WANT.  Since living on my own I have found that I would rather not.  I have lost my interest in it."

I am not taking advantage...he will need a purpose. Since I have a guy mowing my lawn for $25 per mow, TJ won't have to help me with that.  However, he said that he could help, at some point, finish off the one section of the basement that would be a perfect spot for another bedroom. He said he could move down there when Bethany and Jordan are ready to move in.  There IS a bathroom in the basement so someone can live down there.  The thing is, TJ will eventually be moving 2 cats here and Bethany and Jordan have 2 cats....so...4 adults, 4 cats and a dog.  In this house. 

It took me a while to get used to my empty nest but now I like it. This is going to be a real adventure.  I put a chair in my room (which needs a bit of  tweak in the furniture arrangement still) and I told them, I will put a TV in there and if I retreat into my room not to take it personal but I just need to have alone/quiet time and if they knock on my door, it had better be important.  😂

I guess that's all I've got.  2 More weeks of vacay.  TJ will take up the last week of vacay.  So, enjoy this next week while I can. 

No comments: