Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Stuck in the Mud

I made a promise to myself....I was going to use this year to go DO things.  Of course, the COVID business put a damper on some of it but it also took some anxiety off of me.  I don't have to think up excuses to NOT do things.  However, it also made me appreciate time with friends and family.

I am doing a more sensible diet change and exercise habit.  The sunshine always gives me more energy and happiness anyway.  I am trying not to despair over the state of my yard.  The weeds around my house are many, plentiful and HUGE.  I will have to pull what I can, spray what I can and wait for them to die down.  This Saturday looks like it will be good for that.  Dawn wants to go to this green house to look for hanging baskets and I possibly can.  I don't have the time she does to work outside.  She's retired now.  I am still working. BUT, I will make the time to go with her.

I was finishing up working with a student yesterday afternoon when Debbie called.  She said she was down at the beach (5 minutes down the road) and did I want to take a break?  well...YEAH!  So, I shut things down, let Lucy out to do her thing then hopped in my car.

It was windy, the waves were fast and hitting the shore like a battering ram. But it was so nice to stand there in the sun and take it in. She and I had a talk about many and various things then we drove to Bridge St because she wanted to pick up dinner to take home.  She asked me many times to take a piece of pizza but I wasn't in the mood.  (I know, right?)  She said, You have such good will power!
I told her I have good will power IF I am seeing results.  I  did not want to find the LBs I lost last week.  ha ha!

Today, I went out and mowed the lawn.  It looks HORRIBLE! Mounds of dead grass everywhere.  I wanted mulching blades on my tractor.  My dad won't put them on because he and my brother insist that they are going to find me a BETTER tractor.  I told them there isn't anything wrong with the one I have but they insist.  UGH!

I had to push mow more than I usually do because it was extra squishy next to the storage building and the tractor got stuck.  I had to push it out.  So I push mowed around the building.  My calves will be letting me know tomorrow how much the disliked that whole deal.  I am not sure why but they ALWAYS feel like they have knots in them.  No matter what I do, they get knotted up and get sore more easily than any other part of my body. Perhaps they need more stretching than they get. 

Anyhow, Susan sounded kind of depressed yesterday.  This whole staying home thing is really getting to her.  She  likes to get out and do things and have people to talk to and she has only had her mom and has not gotten out much.  She is a big stickler for the distancing and 'rules'.  Debbie, on the other hand, is a nurse and just shrugs about it. The only thing she is careful about is not getting her hands on her face. 

After I got done mowing the lawn, I took Lucy outside and I sat on the porch for a bit. She laid in the grass.  When we have more good days, I will take time at the end of my day to take her for walks. She will be happier and I will too. We just keep having rain. We have more thunderstorms coming in for tonight and tomorrow.  yay.  I should bring my tulips in. 

No comments: